Quest Search & Selection are currently partnering with this This FMCG retailer who is looking to recruit a Buying Assistant to assist with the Junior Buyer to manage and develop the allocated category in line with corporate policy.
This is an excited role from someone with experience in a commercial environment that is looking into a buying career for an initial 10-month contract. This role is to support the Junior Buyer in collating and processing of all product data.
The roles and responsibilities of this Buying Assistant role -
- Process all data for, Pricing, Promotions, Sales barcodes etc.
- Inputting price changes, product amendments and new lines etc.
- Deal with any emails/calls from stores queries and request.
- Collate and process supplier information.
- Provide a service for any admin work required i.e. letters/memos, general spreadsheets, filling, photocopying etc.
- Communicate with suppliers for delivery times, costs, product information.
- Some negotiating may be required to ensure stock is delivered efficiently.
- Ensure store queries relevant to the allocated categories, are dealt with in a timely and complete manner
To be successful in this Buying Assistant position you must have -
- Up to 1 year in a similar role or has done a commercial position within head office, admin or analytics and wanting to get into buying
- Graduate or graduate calibre + experience
- Must have advanced excel skills
- Competent numerical and analytical skills.
- Good administrator skills
- Good communicator - verbal and written
- Understanding of negotiation techniques will be advantageous
The Benefits of this Buying Assistant position -
- Life Assurance
- There is scope for progressions into a Junior Buyer and Trading Manager, and we have seen this with a number of recent Buying Assistants we have recruited
- free parking
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata)
This is a great opportunity to work in in a fast-paced environment, established retail business. If you feel that you have the right experience and want a career in buying, please apply today quoting the reference JO-2110-109533.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.