Macquarie Capital is looking for an experienced Line 1 Governance, Risk and Control Senior Manager to support it's Infrastructure and Energy Capital (IEC) division in London.
IEC invests in development, construction and operational infrastructure assets across the Economic & Social, Digital and Energy Transition sectors. Based in London, you will be responsible for supporting IEC Europe in establishing, improving and maintaining a robust governance and risk management framework and collaborate with senior management and support stakeholders to ensure risks are effectively identified, managed and monitored.
The role will report into the IEC Business Operational Risk Management Lead (based in New York), and comprise the following key responsibilities:
- Support IEC management in the overall operational risk management and control framework including planning and identifying operational risks, designing and completing control assurance, incident investigation, policies etc to ensure that the risk of the business is effectively identified, understood and managed
- Assess new product and business opportunities for operational risks
- Work alongside deal teams to assess, manage and advise on operational risks of new principal assets as part of due diligence and asset management.
- Oversee risk management frameworks at asset / project level throughout the lifecycle to ensure that risks have been identified and are being managed
- Facilitate workshops with senior stakeholders to confirm the Macquarie Capital Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) reflects the control environment of the IEC business
- Prepare risk reports and analysis to support management in fulfilling their oversight responsibilities
- Promote a healthy risk culture through regular staff training and communications
To be successful in this role, you will have at least 5 years of cumulative experience in governance, risk management or internal control roles, ideally in the energy and / or infrastructure sector.
If you possess a strong sense of accountability, are able to drive change and build risk awareness whilst also being pragmatic, enjoy collaboration across a large number of stakeholders, and want to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, we want to hear from you. If this sounds like the right career move for you, please apply online today.
Macquarie Capital is a truly global business with staff in 37 offices across 22 locations. The teams work on some of the largest and most high-profile infrastructure transactions in the world, providing you with broad exposure, variety and the opportunity to apply your expertise in a commercial context.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.