Shop Manager Location: NewarkHours: 35 Hours Per Week (flexibility required as shop operational hours are from Monday - Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 10am-4pm)Contract type: Permanent Salary: £18,003 per annumReady to lead a team that represents the British Red Cross in your local community?
We are looking for a shop manager
to run our friendly charity shop in Newark
. With retail supervisory experience and an ability to get the best out of an amazing team, you'll be responsible for the smooth running of a profitable charity shop in the heart of your local community.In addition to leading a team that provides a brilliant shopping experience for your customers, you'll design the perfect layout and environment that helps connect your customers to our cause. You'll be responsible for achieving financial targets and inducting, training, and managing new staff and volunteers. Together, you'll all represent the British Red Cross to a high standard and embody our core values, whilst making a difference to the lives of people in crisis across the UK and abroad. Retailing with a difference
Full of pre-loved clothing, accessories, gifts, and more, our 300 shops across the UK are home to over 6,500 volunteers and 700 paid staff. We're one big team that loves meeting people from all walks of life. From working on the shop floor, to coordinating activity "behind the scenes", no two days are the same. "I'm not delivering to a profit target to enhance someone's personal wealth - I'm making a real -visible - contribution to supporting the work of my chosen Charity"- Joanne , Regional Retail ManagerThis role could be for you if:
- You've got retail experience at supervisory level. You can deliver outstanding customer service and are comfortable with organisational and cash handling duties.- You know how to get the best out of people. With proven management skills, you know how to develop and inspire your team.- You're an entrepreneur who can work to targets, using your initiative to achieve fantastic results.- You know your way around a PC and have proven IT skills experience - You get 'us'. You care about the British Red Cross cause and have the skills and knowledge to promote the shop in your community as the charity retailer of choice. The closing date for applications is (23.59), Wednesday 6th July 2022 with interviews anticipated to be held shortly after. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including:
A little bit more about us...
- 36 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) - pro rata for part time staff
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Flexible working policy
- Discounts from a range of online and high street retailers
The British Red Cross help anyone, anywhere in the UK; get the support they need if crisis strikes. From hiring a wheelchair or dealing with loneliness, to adjusting to life in a new country - we're there when you need us.Our organisation was born out of a desire to bring help without discrimination. Impartiality and neutrality have been central values for the Red Cross since we started.At the British Red Cross, we are looking for the best people to help us provide support to millions of people affected by crisis in the UK. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, offering equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.Diversity is something we celebrate and we want you to be able to bring your authentic-self to the Red Cross. We want you to feel that you are in an inclusive environment, and a great position to help us spread the power of kindness.In the British Red Cross we will not tolerate any form of misconduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. We have a code of conduct in place, and are committed to creating a culture of integrity in the organisation where misconduct is not tolerated, situations of abuse are quickly investigated and perpetrators are dealt with effectively.If you are appointed to a role within BRC you will be subject to the organisation's Code of Conduct, a copy of which you can find on our website.As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.If driving is an essential requirement of the role, appropriate driver checks will be completed in line with current policy.The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).Follow us on Twitter@RedCrossJobsUK
and on LinkedIn - British Red Cross
, to hear about our latest job vacancies. Connecting human kindness with human crisis