Senior Events Support
Pay - £200-£300pd
Duration - 6 months
Start - ASAP
Work pattern - Hybrid working, office based in West London
An exciting opportunity has become available within a Health charity based in London. They are looking for fundraising and events professional to assist them for an interim period.
What will you be doing?
- Coordinating all suppliers and stakeholders to ensure seamless organisation before, during, and after the event.
- Developing strategies for decoration, production, and catering of venue
- Management and maintaining event mailing and attendance list
- Supporting the CEO with the management of the charity fundraising committees
- Producing high level ball materials in liaison with the Communications Manager
- Coordination of the Save the Date and Invitation Mail Out
- Responsible for timely coordination of Save the Dave and invitation mail out.
- Identifying creative new ideas for the Ball including new auction items, and ways of increasing sponsorship and support
- Coordinating the administration of the Live and Silent Auctions
- Development of sponsorship, auction prizes, and Gifts in Kind for the event
- Carrying out event co-ordination and on the day logistics to ensure smooth running on the night
- Be the main point of contact for Chain of Hope participants in Third Party Events, including the London Marathon and Royal Parks Half Marathon. the post holder will support participants from sign up, through their fundraising journey, and attend and co ordinate events on the day.
- Manage all communication with event participants before, during and after events to maximise the level of fundraising achieved
- Develop and build relationships with existing and new participants and partners to encourage their support and involvement through, for example, partnerships and sponsorship
- Coordinate the Chain of Hope team representation at each Challenge Event (involves approximately 2 weekends per year)
- Coordinate the delivery of other 'ad hoc' events through the calendar year
What is the client looking for?
- Experience and knowledge of event coordination, specifically with a track record of successfully delivering major donor events
- Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to organise and plan own work with conflicting deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent ability to establish, develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Well-developed experience of working with other teams to maximise positive results for the organisation
- Excellent communication skills to present information in a clear, persuasive and inspiring way for a range of audiences
- Strong understanding of budget management. The ability to analyse and meet financial targets
- Willingness to work flexibly in approach to work and/or work time requirements
- Experience of using Windows-based software packages
- Basic knowledge of word and excel essential.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.