Assurance Risk Management Associate - Level 1 (London and Newcastle)
The Financial Services Assurance practice in the UK has over 1700 professionals delivering external audit and other assurance services to clients within the financial service industry. Our professionals offer a wide range of services across Audit, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS), Extended Assurance (EA) and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (Forensics). The UK practice is part of EMEIA FSO which operates across 19 countries and encompasses more than 14,000 staff across all services lines.
The Risk Management team is responsible for ensuring the firm's compliance with the rules and regulations imposed either by external professional regulatory bodies or by EY Global in relation to the conduct of the firm's assurance business in the financial services industry.
These will include (but are not limited to):
- Running regular reports from the Global Rotation Tool (GRT) to ensure compliance with the latest rotation rules and to provide insight to key internal stakeholders
- Liaising with audit teams to ensure GRT is kept up to date including updates to capture the onboarding of new clients and the removal of lost clients
- Organising and assisting in annual partner meetings to update the partner's portfolio in GRT
- Pulling and preparing reports from the Process for Acceptance of Clients and Engagements (PACE) system
- Support in monitoring of independence mark ups in the firm's Global Independence System
- Assisting in the running of a daily consultation report
- Completing annual, bi-annual and quarterly reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of the data maintained by the team is present and up to date. Reconciliations will involve information from external regulatory resources such as the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA)
- Assisting with the annual Audit Quality Review (AQR) process. Responsibilities include organising the logistics of the review (e.g. booking meeting rooms, collating information, collecting files from the audit teams)
- Supporting senior members of the PPD team where required
- Contributing to the overall risk management team agenda by supporting with internal and global projects as required
Skills and Experience
- Attention to detail is a key skill for this role
- Strong Excel skills, including a knowledge of pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, IF and COUNT statements
- Strong communication skills, including the confidence to articulate effectively to individuals of all grades and levels
- A team player, comfortable working collaboratively, independently and remotely.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to plan ahead and manage your time as well as reprioritising when needed
- Process driven with an innovative mindset (i.e. ability to identify and propose improvements to existing processes using digital technologies)
- Strong numerical acumen
Ideally you'll also have
- A university degree
- A background in risk management or compliance
What working at EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
•Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
•Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
•The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Apply now. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.