Curriculum Team Leader - EngineeringSalary:
£33,500 - £38,500 per annumType:
Monday - Friday - Office hours - 37 hours per weekBenefits:
45 days holiday plus BH, Teacher pension plus many more
Imperial Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for North East largest college on a retained basis who are looking to recruit a Curriculum Team Leader within Engineering.Duties:
- Provide an example of academic excellence within the course team.
- Undertake all operational management of the curriculum area.
- Undertake all aspects of line management of the team including performance appraisals of staff, monitoring and development.
- Guide staff in the discharge of their curriculum duties across a range of innovative delivery models.
- Lead on the development of interesting and effective Schemes of Work.
- Promote use of ILT in curriculum delivery.
- Promote innovative teaching and learning approaches, and implement the Learning, Teaching & Assessment Strategy.
- Carry out 'walk throughs' including feeding back to staff.
- Ensure students are registered with the Awarding Body.
- Complete all PVC requests.
- Meet all Awarding Body validation, delivery, and assessment requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Awarding Body developments.
- Comply with all College quality assurance policies and procedures
- Allocate and monitor staff timetables working closely with the Director / Associate Director / Hofs.
- Ensure optimum deployment of staff giving effective and efficient utilisation within the terms of contracts.
- Ensure that there is effective cover for any absent staff.
- Work closely with Director / Associate Director / Hofs to ensure the internal and external validation of all proposed curriculum products and delivery models prior to course commencement. (Study Programmes, Apprenticeship Frameworks, 19+, Higher Education and commercial offer).
- Work closely with the Director / Associate Director / Hofs to provide curriculum quality assurance in the design process.
- Implement College quality systems and processes.
- Embed a process of continuous improvement within curriculum provision.
- Provide and act upon data relating to student and course performance.
- Provide information in response to college routine management requests.
- Reporting/monitoring systems such as Proachieve and Promonitor to provide accurate and up to date information.
- Ensure the tracking and monitoring of students/apprentice's progress and achievement is standardised, accurate and transparent to all.
- Provide all information in a timely manner.
- Commit to and implement the College's Student Disciplinary Policy and Procedures.
- Promote and support appropriate standards of student behaviour.
- Agree relevant targets with Director / Associate Director / Hofs on a regular basis in line with curriculum planning cycles, and alert Director / Associate Director / Hofs shortfalls.
- Manage staff and courses efficiently and effectively to deliver the agreed targets.
- Work with Director / Associate Director / Hofs to lead the team in their preparation of documentation for internal and external inspection.
- Ensure that staff are fully prepared for internal and external inspection
- Produce the SAR and QuiP for the curriculum area.
- Ensure all staff and student surveys are completed in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with staff.
- Ensure that formally required meetings are held and minuted.
- Ensure appropriate team representation in cross college meetings/forums.
- Ensure all new staff are inducted and supported in line with the College's Start for Success Policy.
- Carry out teaching duties as identified in the separate section.
- Identifying and addressing activities, which present a risk to the health and safety of students and staff.
- Ensuring compliance with College policies and procedures relating to health and safety.
- To take appropriate responsibility for the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of students/apprentices and/or vulnerable adults.
- Undertake such duties as are reasonably allocated either permanently or from time to time.
- To work at and travel between any of the College sites.
- Hold a relevant vocational qualification to at least level 3
- To be a qualified Teacher or must be prepared to commence an appropriate teaching qualification on appointment to the post.
- Personal commitment to keeping your professional knowledge up to date and improving your capabilities.
- Grade C/4 or above in Maths and English (or equivalent) or willing to work towards it.
- Personal commitment to keeping your professional knowledge up to date and improving your capabilities - Desirable.
- To be qualified assessor/internal verifier or willing to work toward - Desirable.
- Relevant current knowledge and / or experience.
- Relevant experience in a teaching position in Further Education or Secondary Education or
within a professional environment - Desirable.
For more information about this opportunity please contact Imperial Recruitment Group ASAP