Join our Cook Family as the Assistant Retail Manager in Oxford
Fantastic Benefits - 32 - 40 hrs per week some weekend work.
At COOK we make remarkable food for your freezer at our kitchen in Kent. We're market leaders and (more importantly) our food tastes incredible. We have over 90 shops and a rapidly growing online business.
• We're independent (family-owned) and always will be because it allows us to do things the right way, not the fast way.
• We believe in business as a force for good in society and have certified as one of the UK's first B Corporations to help us measure what matters when it comes to our impact on our environment, our people and our community.
• We came 31st in the recent Sunday Times best companies to work for, with a special award for Developing Potential. We like to think we're a good bunch.
• We share 5% of our annual profits with staff.
* Role model the delivery of Remarkable service to every customer, every time, and to lead your team to do the same.
* To treat every customer with courtesy and respect and ensure they take priority over whatever else you are doing.
* Encourage your team to develop their product knowledge so they can advise customers on menu planning and increase sales by talking about upcoming offers, products and promotions.
* Able to handle customer enquiries and complaints in the Store Manager's absence.
* We are a food business - make sure the shop always looks immaculate, clean and spotless.
* Work with your team to deliver the COOK brand standards and follow all the legal, health and safety and fire procedures.
* Develop excellence in cash handling and weekly reporting to ensure our Central functions receive the information they require.
* Understand your P&L report each period and work with your Store Manager on any variances.
* Checking in deliveries and placing orders. Responsible for accurate stock taking every period.
* Ensure your team represent the brand at all times through their service, standard of dress and communication with customers.
* Coach your team in all relevant areas of daily shop procedures.
* Support the Store Manager to rollout company training material and ensure training records are up to date.
* Hold daily team briefings to communicate current business requirements and motivate for the task ahead.
* Escalate team issues relating to performance, training, health & well-being to the Store Manager and work with them to resolve.
* Maintain rotas and adequately cover for absence