Our client is a successful consumer financial services business focusing on investing, savings and retirement. They are looking to hire a Corporate Communications Manager to cover their retail business, with a focus on personal finance and investing.
Key responsibilities include:
- generating fresh story ideas, story-telling and media engagement
- support day-to-day press office activity along with the development and delivery of campaigns
- support the corporate communications and media relations programme in the UK through 'always on' press office activity and development of campaigns
- develop relationships with national personal finance, consumer, trade and and broadcast media
- respond to day-to-day queries from media in a timely and efficient manner
- manage and leverage the capabilities of our PR agency partners, ensuring their impact and value
- utilise knowledge and familiarity with key news topics, themes and angles to develop highly creative and proactive ideas and respond to the news agenda in a timely, relevant and insightful way
- originate and develop new and innovative ways to tell stories and engage with the media
- use research and data to tell a story which is relevant for a retail investor/personal finance audience
- develop research briefs/surveys to uncover new insights
- support the team in reporting and measurement for the external comms programme - monitoring the results and effectiveness of activity
- showcasing media coverage in a creative, compelling and visual way along with tracking key metrics
The successful candidate will need to have previous medial relations or corporate communications experience within personal finance. An interest in markets, retail investments and wider personal finance is important. Our client will consider both agency and inhouse experience. The successful candidate will also be a strong writer, have excellent communication skills, an analytical mindset and high attention to detail.