Job title: Risk, Audit & Quality Inspector - Tunnelling
Location: Third Way, Avonmouth (BS11)
Contract Length: Until end of May 2023
IR35 Status: Inside of Scope
We are looking to appoint a Risk, Audit & Quality Inspector ideally with experience on Major Civil Engineering projects, preferably tunnelling for inspections on the Hinckley Point project in Avonmouth.
The main purpose of the role is to carry out any inspections or tests to confirm the works have been completed in accordance with the contractual requirements, including correction of any defects. This role may require the Inspector to work night shifts from August.
* To undertake inspections and tests to confirm the works are carried out correctly to assure compliance with design, specifications, and drawings, including Inspection and Test Plans or Works Information requirements, including correction of any defects.
* To undertake surveillance of the works to verify compliance with the works information, maintain confidence in the competencies of its supply chain, meet the requirements for handover and to drive a process of continuous improvement of the management system and contractual procedures. This includes, monitoring, inspection, data capture, investigation of findings, trend analysis and document review to be carried out at appropriate intervals to ensure random sampling of issues and activities undertaken on a regular basis.
* To identify issues that are to be resolved by the delivery/construction teams using the appropriate processes and procedures by the agreed closure date.
* To assist the delivery/construction teams in the root cause analysis and definition of the proposed corrective actions.
* Understand and comply with documentation requirements and process records through approved workflows within our electronic document and record management system (EDMRS).
* Produce and maintain appropriate data reports.
The following qualities/experience are essential.
* Experience of Major Civil Engineering projects, preferably tunnelling
* Extensive experience of construction in the UK Nuclear sector
* CSCS Card Holder
* UK/EU National or holder of Security Clearance (this can be obtained with the role)
* Knowledge and experience of working to UK and international standards
* Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills - able to build and maintain strong relationships, communicate and influence delivery teams and project managers.
* Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts
* Demonstrates initiative and resilience.
* Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
* Is a self-starter who manages their own time and seeks to add value to their function.
* Competent user of modern office computer systems e.g. Microsoft Office Excel
The following qualities/experience are desirable.
* Engineering related degree or a formal qualification in Quality Management e.g. Diploma in Quality Management (UK Chartered Quality Institute, British Standards Institute or equivalent).
* Trained ISO 9001 Lead Auditor and/or Internal Auditor.
* Quality subject matter expertise and proven track record in Quality Management
* Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQP MCQI)