Looking to work for a world leader? Want to contribute to an innovative organisation? Are you QBE or a Part or Fully qualified Management Accountant
? If yes, then read on!
Our client supports maritime navigation, safety, security and marine development around the UK and worldwide. Following internal promotion, a temporary position within the Finance department is available for a part qualified accountant to support two of the Divisional Financial Controllers.
The post holder will have specific routine tasks and provide general support to either of the Cost Control Financial Controllers. Certain duties will be specific to a Division and could require the post holder to deal directly with the associated Divisional Heads or other senior managers. The post holder will be required to be innovative and forward thinking to ensure that all business processes are carried out efficiently and with continuous improvement. Be flexible and prepared to support the wider finance team as priorities dictate. Key Duties:
- Support the wider Finance team to meet management requirements for reporting of Financial and Non-Financial information.
- Involving undertaking specific routine processes & tasks to maintain the Management Information Systems, meeting periodic deadlines and standards agreed with the other financial controllers
- Setting Priorities
- Working with the Month end financial timetable so there will be peaks and troughs of work
- Professional and analytical skills to identify key data and changes in trends and bring the importance of this data to the attention of management.
- Support with Forecast/Budget - mainly the mechanics of updating files once the main assumptions have been agreed with the business
- Obtaining, verifying and inputting actual and forecast data into SAP and transfer of data into HORNET
- Undertake month-end checks, reconciliations and processes to deliver monthly Management Accountants to set deadlines
- Provision of outputs, including variance analysis, with a view to providing advice and comments
- A good level of accounting and system knowledge sufficient to be able to pick up the main responsibilities listed above quickly with the minimum of training
- A team player and Relationship Builder
- Organised with great attention to detail
- Used to working with large data sets
- Problem Solver
If this is you and you are looking for a great organisation to grow your knowledge and skills, then call today for more information!