SCC is a leading IT services provider across the UK and EMEA; spanning 45 years of heritage and helping thousands of commercial and public sector clients adopt and evolve their use of IT over this time. Today the business generates £2.3B revenue with over 1800 employees in the UK.
About SCC Hyperscale
SCC Hyperscale is the public cloud Business Unit of SCC; with specialist and focused resources from sales, through delivery to customer service in a unified team structure.
Founded in 2020 by SCC, Europe's biggest private IT solutions provider, SCC Hyperscale operates with a level of independence to enable rapid innovation and growth. Delivering consultancy, migration services and managed support services across Microsoft Azure and AWS Public Cloud Platforms.
Overall Job Purpose:
The role will be responsible for creating, executing and optimising the marketing strategy, including driving brand awareness of SCC Hyperscale plus performance and measurement of our campaigns across all digital channels for this Business Unit. You will be a valued virtual member of the SCC Marketing Team for marketing governance and directly report into the SCC Hyperscale business for strategy and direction (aligned to the Practice Director as a fully fledged extended leadership team (X-LT) member of the SCC Hyperscale business), with sole focus on the direct management and attainment of marketing activities aligned to the Public Cloud GTM strategy.
The role will involve planning and managing both brand, campaigns and content strategy for SCC Hyperscale. This role will involve aspects of driving the brand awareness into SCC, our vendors (MS & AWS) and to our target client base, developing innovative campaign and events to drive the proposition messaging to our target audience through both digital and physical presence; often working collaboratively with our vendors and therefore the SCC alliance stakeholders.
Opportunity generation and conversion to successful sales attainment targets will be primary measures of the role; working with a pre-agreed budget and anticipated ROI.
• Build upon the strategic brand and messaging positioning for SCC's Public Cloud Business Unit (SCC Hyperscale) across online channels, internal branding and externally within our vendor partner community.
• Increase online engagement and reach.
• Responsible for growing and developing the Go To Market strategies alongside the Business Unit Leadership teams
• Make informed campaign recommendations based on market knowledge and previous campaign results - test and optimise.
• Manage external agencies and internal stakeholders (SCC Hyperscale SLT + SCC Marketing director).
• Content and collateral development as required to support go to market campaigning efforts as well as maximising visibility for search in driving engagement on our web presence.
• Enable the SCC salesforce with the tools they need when engaging with their prospects/customers.
• Work with Vendors and the SCC Vendor Marketing Team to maximise vendor rebates and marketing development funds and generate revenue through campaign planning and execution.
What you will need to succeed
• A proven track record of working with senior management/board members and influencing at all levels of business.
• Experience with a range of marketing and analytical platforms.
• Management of external agencies and internal resources.
• Strong analytical and stakeholder reporting skills.
• Use third party tools to provide new business leads to the salesforce, as well as for existing customers.
• Experience using organic and paid channels.
• Knowledge of the Public Cloud market sector with a keen desire to grow out specific vertical sector knowledge and understanding of key trends and challenges.
• Excellent organisational and project management skills.
Skills and Experience
Education & Qualifications:
• Educated to degree standard or equivalent working experience.
• CIM Membership desirable
• Knowledge of Public Cloud Market and vendors (Microsoft & AWS)
• Strong, practical knowledge of marketing and communication
• Project/Campaign Management experience
• Email marketing experience
• Social media experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft, AWS Marketing programs
• Google Ads, SEO and PPC experience
Competencies & skills:
• Excellent communication and time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple activities.
• Flexible to meet demands of an operational and evolving business.
• Proficient in Excel and HTML
• Possess first class trouble shooting skills and take ownership.
• Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and easily via self-learning
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.