Learning Support Assistant (LSA) (Wigan):
Core Teachers are currently working with a number of Primary Schools across the Wigan area who are looking for kind, dedicated and patient Learning Support Assistants (LSA's) who are looking for flexible day-to-day, short-term and long-term roles at their school to work with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) pupils.
This is a fantastic opportunity and a highly rewarding role for a candidate who is looking to work with pupils who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) issues.
Core Teachers are looking for candidates with a care or teaching assistant background looking to build experience working alongside SEND pupils in an education setting. Applicants with a background working with children in different settings, such as sports coaches, social workers, foster carers and healthcare professionals will also be strongly considered.
If you are successful in your application as a Learning Support Assistant (LSA's), you would be responsible for:
* Supporting students on 1-to-1 basis and the class as a whole, both in and outside the classroom.
* To be adaptable to work with the requirements of the teacher on any given day, depending on the curriculum for the day.
* Supervising in the absence of the teacher, monitoring the behaviour of pupils and distributing pre-set work.
* This is a flexible role offering short-term and long-term placements with schools in the Wigan area.
The Ideal Candidate:
To join us and enjoy success in this role you will:
* Assist and issue personal care where required.
* Be experienced working with SEND individuals.
* Have team teach experience
* Be able to connect with and encourage pupils to build strong relationships.
* Support the class teacher working with smaller groups of pupils delivering interventions.
* Currently have, or be able to pay for, an Enhanced DBS Certificate on the update service, 2x professional references and overseas police clearance checks (if applicable).
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements of this exciting opportunity and consider yourself to be an outstanding Learning Support Assistant (LSA) or have the potential to be one, don't delay - click 'Apply Now' online and send over your CV