PR "public relations" PR "public relations" PR "public relations"PR Manager for a global cloud communications solutions providerUp to £83k base salary plus benefitsBracknell (some flex for home working)
Are you an experienced and proactive PR Manager looking to join an established, global communications technology company?
If so, we have a fantastic opportunity to a lead the PR function of our dynamic Marketing team. You will maximise brand awareness whilst building and establishing positive internal/external relationships.Key ResponsibilitiesTeam leading
Building brand awareness
- Motivate immediate team on a daily basis to deliver across their key areas of responsibility.
- Respond to and assist team members to resolve escalations or technical questions.
- Monitor the performance of the immediate team and support them to make improvements as necessary.
- Be involved in recruitment process for new team members.
- Report to management with details of your and your team's performance against objectives.
- Comfortable and confident in escalating and communicating to managers, senior managers and directors when appropriate.
- Effectively manage and monitor resource levels, and deciding on task priorities for team members.
Running and maintaining a Press Office
- Planning a coordinated outreach campaign that aligns with the wider Company's objectives.
- Writing, securing sign-off and issuing press releases on behalf of the Group to promote its brand(s).
- Writing, securing sign-off and issuing thought leadership articles on behalf of key spokesmen for the business.
- Ensuring that the Group is entered into and wins relevant industry, sector and business awards that will promote the Company's brand.
- Liaising with the Digital Marketing team to maximise the effectiveness of digital PR activities.
Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities
- Acting as the point of contact for all media and PR enquiries.
- Identifying relevant spokespersons for enquiries, and ensuring that their sign-off has been secured for all statements. Ensuring spokespersons are sufficiently briefed and have the required materials for any PR activity. Maintaining and keeping up-to-date a list of all coverage of the Group, and ensuring that coverage highlights and data are regularly fed back to the Marketing Director and the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
- Maintaining and keeping up-to-date media and press contact lists.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with journalists and editors at target media and publications.
- Maintaining the budget with oversight from the Marketing Director.
Managing the relationship with PR agencies (if required)
- Investigating potential CSR activities, including sponsorship opportunities, and making recommendations to the CMO.
- Organising publicity for CSR activities, including liaising with external contacts and working with other members of Marketing to achieve the maximum impact.
- Ensuring the maximum publicity for CSR activities, particularly in the local press and media.
- Acting as the point of contact for all PR agency-related enquiries.
- Leading on regular calls with agencies, and ensuring that all actions are followed-up.
- Maintaining the list of all projects undertaken with PR agencies.
- Reviewing drafts of externally-produced PR content, and making necessary edits, before securing internal sign-off from identified spokesperson.