Role: Senior Process Engineer (REF59288)
Contracting Authority: Central Government
Contract Length: 12 Months
Location: Albion Square, Whitehaven - CANDIDATE WILL BE EXPECTED ONSITE
Pay Rate to Intermediary: £44 - £53 per hour UMBRELLA
Security Clearance: BPSS
This role requires working collaboratively with the multidiscipline design team, system engineers and task managers to deliver fit for purpose solutions. For this role the applicant should also have the skills and knowledge to be able to lead tasks and support development of other junior designers and be able to check their work.
A key aspect of this role is the ability to work with the system engineer and other plant representatives to effectively define the scope of the problem and then develop a pragmatic process design solution while being responsive to changing priorities and often challenging timescales. It is expected that the role holder will have the ability / experience to produce a complete Process design response including for example (but not limited to) Basis of Design, calculations and substantiation documentation when required.
1. Design support to the scoping of tasks, typically comprising:
• Review of Task Traveller form, attendance at walkdowns, scoping and planning meetings
• Development of optioneering documents/concept design
2. Completion of detailed design information, such as:
• Production of Basis of Designs, calculations, proposal EFDs, datasheets
• Participation in SDDR's, MDDR's, HAZOP's etc.
• Engagement with Design Capability design engineers / SMEs for specialist support.
• Assisting in the preparation of design substantiation in the form of NFR's, and DAR's support SSC's identified within new or modified safety cases, and to support the substantiation through MSC.
3. Support installation, commissioning and close out of tasks, through engagement with plant, EFDs updates etc
• Chartered Chemical Engineer
• Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
• Public or private experience
• Chemical engineer background
• Experience of producing design deliverables and working with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Previous experience in nuclear industry or other regulated industry
• Ability to work independently, managing own portfolio of tasks and within minimal supervision. Able to communicate effectively with customers and with Process Engineering team to manage delivery of work to the required timescale.
Applying to this or any other vacancy advertised by Spinwell Global Ltd constitutes an agreement for Spinwell Global Ltd to hold your details for 24 months for the purpose of assessing suitability for the advertised position and to make you aware of any other positions deemed suitable of which they will make you aware by means of either e mail, text or phone. In line with GDPR regulations you are able to request your details be removed from the company data at any time by e mailing us