Structural Welder / Fabricator
Lucid Creates have a vacancy for a highly experienced welder / fabricator to work on a number of exciting high-profile projects.
Welder / Fabricator Role
Initially you will be working on a project that requires the fabrication of heavy gauge structures including large structural trusses. You will work as part of a small dynamic team of designers, metal fabricators and LED & video techs to create spectacular stages and art installations.
The role is initially a 3 month contract but we are looking for welders to join our team on a long term basis.
• Start date: 27th June
• Minimum 40 hours a week work available
• Flexible working is an option
• Candidates must be willing to undertake a suitable welding / fabrication trial as part of interview process
• Salary: up to £25 per hour dependent on experience
Welder / Fabricator Responsibilities;
• Fabrication of mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium components as required ensuring that the highest standards in finish and tolerances in accordance with information supplied, are achieved using the correct methods.
• Grind, Sand, Polish and detail fabrications to a required finish using hand and power tools.
• Be able to work with no/minimum supervision when required, using own initiative.
• Be able to solve problems and make decisions when needed
• Following day to day production plans in order to meet deadlines
• Record all builds as complete by ensuring that the internal database is checked off
• Clearly communicate with Workshop Lead all relevant information including job briefs, job progress and any problems and/or issues.
• Ability to work accurately from technical drawings
• To be flexible and assist other Departments / Supervisors when required
• Adhere to all Health & Safety Regulations and promote a safe working environment by actively incorporating H&S into everyday activities.
• Maintain Housekeeping standards by actively promoting and following 5S and Environmental procedures
Welder / Fabricator Knowledge
• Knowledge of materials / grades of steel
• Working knowledge of metal working machinery / equipment
• Ability to recognize welding symbols and specification
Welder / Fabricator Essential skills
• Minimum of 3 years Mig and tig welding experience in architectural metal fabrication or similar.
• Excellent welding and fabrication skills, MIG, TIG, Aluminium, Stainless Steel
• Comfortable reading engineering drawings
• Excellent finishing skills
• Strong teamworking skills
• Own transport essential as our workshop is based on a farm and is ten mins drive from Sittingbourne station.
Welder / Fabricator Desirable skills
• FLT licence
• H&S Training
Welder / Fabricator Qualifications
A general education to include 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above (including Maths and English), or an equivalent educational qualification, or relevant experience - Apprentice trained, or time served fabrication experience
Welder / Fabricator Personal attributes
• Positive attitude to work
• Highly organised and able to work flexibly, under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Drive, enthusiasm and commitment
• Have a flexible approach to working hours, particularly during busy periods of the year
• Willingness to undertake relevant training as appropriate
• Enthusiasm to support other areas of the department as required
• Willingness to adopt new ways of working and to make improvements
• Good eye for detail and be able to produce high quality work consistently
• Must be practically minded to find solutions to problems
• Good communication skills
ABOUT LUCID CREATES
Lucid Creates is a design & fabrication studio that specialises in large scale creative structures with integrated tech for events across the world. We create award-winning structures and spaces that result in powerful individual and communal experiences. From our workshop in rural Kent, we work with a multitude of materials and tech to design and build installations for spaces from Glastonbury to Ibiza and everywhere in between.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract, Freelance
Salary: Up to £25.00 per hour