At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Insurance and Wealth helps personal and business customers with their long-term protection, retirement, and investment needs. We support around 10 million customers with assets under administration of £155 billion and annuity payments in retirement of over £1 billion every year.
What will you be doing?
We've an exciting opportunity to join our Workplace Propositions team at Scottish Widows during a period of significant market growth. This diverse and challenging role plays an integral part in our ambition to be the number one provider in the workplace market.
As Propositions Manager you'll have a meaningful role in shaping the future for our workplace pensions business, giving you the opportunity to be truly entrepreneurial and create something new. Along with the opportunity to identify and lead developments across our wide workplace business, with over £60bn assets under management, you'll have the chance to contribute towards the strategic direction of our fast-growing Master Trust.
Within this role you'll understand what makes the difference to customers, clients and advisers to enable good customer outcomes and win/retain schemes. Your mix of knowledge, core skills and subject matter expertise will allow you to identify needs, manage complex arguments and develop these into action via new projects, decision making papers, governance papers, or messages to market. This requires you to use your knowledge and analytical skills to be able to influence and lead on a variety of key topics, engaging a wide range of partners via strong written and verbal communication skills.
Location & Ways of working
Our team works out of our Edinburgh hub, therefore you'll need to be based a commutable distance from this area. We work in a hybrid model, splitting our time between the office and working from home.
Additional accountabilities will include:
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the proposition, focussing on how we develop to win in our markets, showing curiosity about new innovations
- Lead on day-to-day management and controls of product governance, identifying risks and resulting changes to the proposition required to protect the reputation of the group
- Lead on platform development and have the ability to verbalise how this plays into the wider strategy for workplace growth with internal and external partners
- Applies knowledge to lead the development of roadmap priorities, manages propositional improvements through to implementation, including the associated product governance and board papers
- Leads developments of customer journeys to improve the retirement of members and build treatment strategies for vulnerable customers
- Supports engagement with new and existing clients and the positioning of our roadmap with external partners
- Supports risk management and compliance with Group procedures to avoid financial or reputational loss to the Group through poor customer or business outcomes
What we'll need from you:
- Strong awareness of product governance process and principles and able to lead on areas to develop the appropriate control structure
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape for workplace pensions, the regulatory environment and our key products
- Experienced in taking new product improvements to market and developing customer engagement and marketing strategies
- Commercially aware, understands the drivers of value for the workplace pensions business
- Highly skilled at influencing & presenting to senior colleagues/ committees and not afraid to challenge the norm
- An ability to makes sense of the complex and work with uncertainty through using appropriate information sources and completing research to identify customer needs
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills - ability to prioritise the most important things and help coordinate project resource and the workload of more junior colleagues
Highly Desirable Capabilities
- Experience of working with and leading development on investment platforms
- Experience of the large scheme market
- Experience engaging with an Independent Governance Committee (IGC) and/ or a Master Trust Board
We'll give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
Please note the basic salary range for this role is £44,656 - £71,851
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private Health Cover
- Access to share schemes
In return for your expertise, we'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation. We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Together we make it possible.