Community Manager - Serviced Office Space - Birmingham£25,000 to £30,000 per annum
A flexible workspace provider with a difference - we are on a mission to change the way the world works for good. We believe that advancing people and planet as well as profit goes beyond responsibility; it makes exceptional sense.
We have everything that you would expect from a luxury co-working office (tech, coffee, Wifi, music, plants, etc), as well as sustainable and ethical design and principles at our heart. We have an in-house wellness programme, featuring yoga and meditation classes for our members to enjoy. We absolutely live our values. Come and join us!!The Opportunity
You will be the primary point of contact and "go to" for the Community and all members day to day needs. A commitment to providing exceptional service to our community, members and guests is a must. In this role you will work alongside the Community Associate with a focus on nurturing a fun and inspiring environment in which our members can thrive. You will work with the site team and Marketing team to ensure community programmes are delivered. As a Community Manager you must be passionate about people, building and maintaining relationships as well as encouraging everyone around you to do the same. The Person
We are looking for an individual who is confident, proactive, and with an entrepreneurial 'can do' spirit. Proven experience in a customer facing role in a service led industry is a must, as is a strong customer care ethic. Experience working within a 'start-up' or SME would also be beneficial. The individual should be highly organised with the ability to multitask and react quickly within a fast-paced environment. Along with the ability and confidence to build relationships with new and existing members of our thriving community. Being able to work effectively with a variety of computerised systems is essential, as is fluent written and spoken English. Finally, we encourage individuality so that you can be yourself in order to bring your best every day.In return
we promise to support and guide you in your role and will provide the following compensation package: competitive salary, pension provision, discretionary bonus, Health Fund, 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) , 2 volunteer /charity (paid) days, Share Options, Better Space access , Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and an Employee Referral Scheme.Responsibilities
- Conducting tours in a timely manner and developing and creating proposals for prospective members/sales, when required.
- Supporting SCM with member renewals/acquisitions
- Main point of contact for Members enabling you to build a strong community of Members, unlike any other
- Managing the move in process for new members
- Nurturing member engagement, experience, and satisfaction
- Working with Community Engagement Manager to deliver x+why's members engagement programme
- Creating and running member social events programme
- Maximising opportunities to connect members with each other.
- Working alongside the Marketing team to grow social media engagement
- Enrolling members on to our Mission Lit and Why B programme
- Managing all member communication including the members newsletter, snapshot, and weekly updates
- Undertaking local community engagement i.e. local brand outreach to develop a portfolio of discounts and benefits for members
- Enrolling members on to x+why's members portal
- Supporting the Senior Community Manager (SCM) on delivering external events where necessary
- Ensuring security and health and safety information is clearly stated and understood by new members.
- Conduct morning walkthroughs escalating any recurring issues e.g. maintenance, to your SCM
- Monitor building standards and report or escalate any operational issues (IT, FM, AV contractors etc)
- Checking all meeting rooms and phone booths are fit for purpose
- Responding to all enquiries via email/phone/in person (from members and external parties).
- Covering team members' lunch breaks and leave where required
Flexible workspace for purpose-driven businesses
- In line with a salary framework, to ensure equal pay for equal work and that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase
- Regular team socials at least quarterly.25 days' holiday a year (excl UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up
- Dependent on role requirements, we are happy for employees to work from wherever suits them
- We'll contribute towards books, training courses and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role here
- We are registered under the Cycle-to-Work scheme, so you can buy a bike and accessories tax-free
- Whether your child's ill, you're waiting for a package, or you have some deep-focussed work to do, we all work from home (or café) from time to time. We encourage everyone to work from home when you need to.