Lead Product ManagerStart date: ASAPRole Type: Contract 6-12monthsSalary: Up to £550 per day (Inside IR35)Location/remote: Remote - Occasional office visits requiredActive SC Clearance requiredWho are my client?
My client are a specialist Data Engineering, Cloud and Analytics consultancy focused on supporting our clients in successfully delivering on their digital transformation programmes. Their aim is to ensure they deliver value from our client's data using innovative approaches that improve their data capabilities, analytics and data governance.
With demand for their services from their clients at an all-time high and continuous growth and success within our market sector, my client is embarking on a major recruitment drive and keen to recruit a talented Product Manager to join the delivery team.About the Role:
Product managers articulate and lead product strategies that achieve business objectives, are technically feasible, and meet customer needs. They identify solutions that fit the market and guide a product team to deliver them. Within this role, you will be working with a high-level civil service organisation working closely with the public sector.
You will need to be a practical 'doer' type of person willing to roll up your sleeves and make product delivery happen. You will also need to be strategic visionaries who make tough decisions, define the product vision, and inspire the team towards success.Responsibilities:
- Focus on strategy, high-level research, and decision-making
- Being the product expert on the products you are assigned to work on, and being the source of knowledge on your owned workstreams (planning, documenting, functionality)
- Gathering and prioritising end user and external stakeholder insight to inform new areas for product development
- Managing and finding ways to meet requirements from various internal and external stakeholders
- Working with designers and developers to define user stories, manage the product backlog, and deliver to the specifications and requirements
- Owning your products' roadmap and inputting into the global product roadmap
- Creating product documentation for end users, technical partners, and sales
This role requires an active SC Clearance and is a contract position and is fully remote.
- Proven experience in a dedicated Product Manager role
- Experience of taking user feedback and research and translating these into user stories
- Experience managing backlogs
- Experience in Kanban/ Agile practices
- Ability to both zoom in on the detail, and be able to see the bigger picture.
- Working with JIRA and Confluence, or similar tools
- Operating in a cross functional team, and being effective without direct line management responsibility
- Ability to lead meetings and engage internally and externally to deliver on your objectives
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills