Regional Customer Account Manager
The Company represent one of the world's leading aircraft engine manufacturers as the exclusive service center for all engine operations located in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The service center is the single point of contact for after-sales support in the territory including repair and overhaul, engine fleet management, customer support and logistic support functions.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Services and act as a single point of contact for all EMEA Customers whose engines have been routed for repair or overhaul to a network facility, ensuring the highest quality of service is provided in the most cost- effective manner. The job holder will:
- Represent the customer's interests throughout each shop event by defining each event strategy upfront.
- Building and maintaining relationships at all levels with customers to meet their needs, address any concerns and tailor service offerings.
- Ability to balance operational goals with satisfying customer commitments while maintaining company's profitability.
- Communicate regularly during all stages of shop visit. Such communication to include the reviewing and sending of project status reports/technical reports, cost estimates, Investigation reports, invoices, shipping documents to customers.
- Support with commercial and technical input to analyze each project cost to ensure meeting the business and customer needs.
- Attend key weekly coordination meetings with service centers and/or customer to facilitate incoming, on-going and completed engine events.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasting to all network facilities on shop events by leveraging internal systems.
- Ensure that customer requirements, expectations, terms and conditions are effectively flowed into the facility by working closely with the relevant shop representatives.
- Compile and analyze projects when requested and provide summaries for management review and decision-making.
- Ensure receipt of customer documents such as purchase order, engine documents and all other relevant documentations to facility engine inductions.
- Review of cost estimates ensuring accuracy prior to commercial discussions with customers and where necessary, co-ordinate solutions to reduce cost or alternative options to minimize engine hold days.
- Manage full event margin, profitability, inc. R&O revenue and responsible for satisfaction score (MFA).
- Co-ordinate customer visits to the facility when required and make visits to customer's facility where the business warrants.
- Pro-actively manage assigned customer accounts in all aspects of the business including account credit & payments
- Work closely with the sales team to proactively address work scope assessment opportunities and ad-hoc support in maintaining current contracts.
- Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated team player with 3-5+ years of customer account management experience in aviation and preferably with experience relating to aircraft gas turbine engines. Strong commercial ability and experience in commercial negotiations with customers is desirable. A technical background in engineering and/or aircraft maintenance would be highly useful, as would a postgraduate business qualification. The position requires someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can establish a high level of trust and credibility with senior management at the network shops and customers alike. Ability to prioritize workload within overall departmental and company requirements and has good attention to details. Occasional travel throughout the UK and Europe will be necessary.
Place of work will be based at the UK office in Chandlers Ford, Southampton.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual as well as part of a global team.
- Demonstrate ability to cope with complex and changing environment while projecting a positive attitude.
- Place of Employment
- Work-life Balance
- Flexible Working
- Team Building
- Growth & Development
- Diversity & Inclusion