The client is part of an AIM listed Group, and is a foodservice distributor .
They seek an Interim Financial Controller.
The Role of Financial Controller
- Day to day management of the finance function
- Financial lead on leadership team meetings with local MD
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Monthly management accounts including the month end close process:
o Closing the sub-ledgers
o Stock and cost of sales
o Flash reporting
o Accruals and prepayments
o Month end balance sheet reconciliations
o Inter-company account reconciliations
o Fixed assets
- Group cash forecasting and management, including group financing arrangements
- Completion and submission of the quarterly VAT returns and other statutory compliance
- Monthly spend submissions to buying groups and calculating rebates to be paid to customers
- Preparing and submitting the annual statutory account and associated tax filings
The Candidate for Financial Controller
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Significant accounting experience, including recent experience in a similar level role within a commercial environment.
Excellent understanding of FRS102 and ideally a good understanding of IFRS