RS Components is a dynamic B2B digital business focused on delivering solutions to engineers. We are a brand of Electrocomponents, a global business with reach into 90% of the world's GDP. Through our omnichannel approach, we reach over 1 million annually and ship nearly 500,000 innovative products daily. We believe in focusing on helping engineers and designers tackle tomorrow's problems and engage with 2,500 different suppliers to accomplish this goal.
We've been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?
What You Will Do
As a Key Account Manager covering West & East Sussex, parts of Surrey & Hampshire, you will achieve significant growth from selective and targeted activity with high growth potential customers. This is achieved by providing customers with personalised account management that supports the needs of their individual job functions as well as supporting the objectives of their wider business to the degree that RS becomes their First-Choice supplier within their supply chain strategy in multiple product categories.
Achieving First Choice status with high growth potential customers is influenced through high quality consultation discussions where customer needs and challenges are explored, and the deployment Value Proposition services and solutions are implemented to meet customer needs and overcome challenges.
Equally influential to gaining First Choice status is the ability to lead a technical product application agenda with senior engineering contacts.
What Will You Bring to the Role
· Some experience in an account management, technical engineering sales or service environment, ideally hold HNC or HND Engineering qualifications
· Experience from a complex distribution business or solutions provider
· Knowledge of MRO procurement strategies, eProcurement or Inventory Solutions
· A proactive and consultative approach to exploring needs and finding innovative solutions for customers
· Results focused individual which proven achievements
· Able to behave and act with a high degree of integrity whilst thinking in a broad and agile way
What We Offer
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the good stuff you'd expect like:
· Private medical cover for those unexpected moments
· On top of your 25 days holiday, you can buy up to 5 extra days to enjoy how you wish
· Generous, market-leading pension; it's never too early to start planning for your future
· Company Car and Sales Bonus
Grow in our high-performance culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we're our customers' one-stop-shop for electronic products and components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937. Today, we're using digital to revolutionize the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
But if we're going to be first choice for customers, we also want to be first choice for our future colleagues. We're looking for people who are passionate to support the customers of today, and the engineers of tomorrow. Together we keep innovation at the forefront of what we do. Do you?
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.