My client's Treasury operations are centrally managed, and the Group Treasury department is responsible for raising all required funding for the group. Group Treasury also manage all of the group bank accounts via notional or Zero Balance Adjusted pooling structure and are responsible for all interest-bearing inter-company loans arising from the pool structure or from the distribution of funds.
The back-office operations team is responsible for ensuring all the above transactions are recorded correctly in the TMS and reported accurately in the treasury Monthly Management Accounts (MMA), and for ensuring that all hedge documentation is maintained. The back-office team also provides various reports to the Treasury Committee regarding interest cost, cash, debt and counter-parties in a monthly treasury pack. In addition, the team is responsible for maintaining all treasury systems and ensuring that there are operating controls in place in these systems to prevent error or fraud.
This role is a key part of the treasury back-office team and have the following summarised responsibilities.
- The preparation of monthly management accounts (MMAs), swaps valuations and related activities
- The monthly preparation and reporting of Group Net Debt
- The preparation of the Interest and net debt notes in the Group Interim and Annual reports
- Managing access to bank portals and dealing platforms
- Produce company MMAs and reporting into Cognos each month
- Budgeting and forecasting for income and expenditure
- Ensure that ransactions are recorded accurately in the accounting system (Nav), the treasury management system (Kyriba) and the reporting system (Cognos)
- Establish and monitor key controls over the accuracy of records, automating processes where possible
- Record monthly mark to market valuations of swaps
- Produce and present the Group Net Debt report for the monthly Treasury pack
- Produce other reports such as Effective Rate of Interest for the monthly Treasury pack
- Produce Notes and information for the annual company report and interim results
- Conduct quarterly Bank User Audit, ensuring access for authorised users only
- Conduct other compliance and reporting tasks, e.g., recording semi-annual General Undertakings compliance and submitting quarterly ONS surveys
- Provide cover for IAS21 and tax matching reports
- Manage one Treasury Back Office colleague
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualified accountant with relevant accounting experience
- Experience of treasury instruments and their accounting rules is essential.
- Experience of preparing statutory and management accounts
- Strong general IT, spreadsheet and analysis skills
- Focused on strong internal controls and operating a rigorous daily and monthly reporting process
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- The role requires someone who is delivery and deadline focused particularly around key deliverable dates
- Competitive Salary
- Company Rewards
- Hybrid Working
- Free car parking
- 23 days holiday