Our client is a global leader in Rolling Stock vehicle manufacturing, service, maintenance and signalling.
Purpose of the job
To be a team member of a Flexible Production cell, providing high quality products and systems.
To ensure adherence to quality and health and safety procedures as laid down by legislation and Company requirements.
* To abide by relevant health and safety laws ensuring safe practices are adhered to at all times
* To ensure regular housekeeping is undertaken to maintain area is safe and tidy.
* To ensure compliance to Company procedures.
The above/below is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be included as and when required to carry out the position.
Key responsibilities and challenges
Undertake assembly and test activities as instructed by Cell Leader
Use relevant Production documentation to meet company Quality, Safety and Environmental and Performance standards.
General duties may include:
* Coil winding
* Loom preparation - wiring, crimping, wire-stripping.
* Rack and cubicle assembly and wiring.
* Use of encapsulation machine.
* Electronic/Light Mechanical Visual Inspection.
* Electronic/Electrical Test.
* Competent in the use of Semi-Automatic Test Equipment
* G/A Assembly
Your performance will be measured on the basis of:
* Individual competence
* Quality of work
* Non-conformity costs i.e. rework
* On time delivery
* Flexibility and team participation
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
Educated to O.N.C. level minimum in the discipline of Electronic / Electrical Engineering
Practical "hands-on" experience within a similar production environment
Experience of using electronic test equipment
Experience using PC Windows Software
Ability to read production documents: (parts lists, drawings, test spec. etc.)
Good manual dexterity
Ability to investigate production faults
Flexible and active team member
Shifts: Monday - Friday Days or nights
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Long term ongoing
Start date: ASAP
If you are an experienced Electronics Test Operative and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the 'apply' button below.
For an informal chat please phone (phone number removed) and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest