We are working with a top international law firm, who are looking for a Conflicts Advisor. The role will support the Senior Risk Lawyer and Conflicts and Risk Manager with conflicts analysis, escalations, and reporting. The role is principally focused on conflicts of interest.
The role will require knowledge of applicable professional conflicts rules and a good understanding of the client base and nature of work and transactions undertaken by the firm.
Although based in the UK, the role will be global and may be required to support other offices as required. Full training will be provided but the successful applicant will be expected to supplement this with independent reading and remain up to date with relevant activity in the market. Some of your responsibilities will include:
Requirements for the Conflicts Advisor Role:
- Provide valuable and reliable conflict advice and support to partners, building and maintaining a good working relationship.
- Assist with the preparation of training materials and deliver training for team members and legal teams.
- Assist with drafting, updating, and maintaining conflicts-related documentation, including manuals, policies, procedures, and templates, as well as other internal communications.
- Provide support to the business as the first point of escalation in the conflict checking process.
- Review and analyse conflict reports, determining any actual or potential, legal or commercial conflicts of interest.
- 2+ years' experience working in Risk & Compliance.
- Experience within a Law Firm.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Practical knowledge and experience of preventing, identifying, and managing conflicts of interest.
- Experience using Intapp or a similar onboarding tool is preferred