Risk & Compliance Paralegal
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the risk and compliance function of an international law firm. Based in London, the Risk and Compliance Paralegal will be offered a full-time, permanent position.Your New Team
The Paralegal will be joining a risk and compliance team integral to the running of the law firm. Before any new client is accepted or any new cases can be worked on, the compliance team needs to perform due diligence to check there are no legal or commercial conflicts or any risks of money laundering.Your New Role
The Paralegal will be responsible for:
- Performing due diligence on clients
- Researching the structure of client companies, who the directors and major shareholders are
- Seeing if the clients are being investigated by any regulators in the UK or overseas, and if they have attracted any negative press
Applicants to this Risk and Compliance Paralegal role will demonstrate:
- Strong academics
- Some experience working in a law firm, ideally as a Paralegal, but potentially as a Legal Assistant, Administrator or Secretary
- Any experience with file opening, conducting ID checks or running conflicts or AML checks is advantageous
In return, the Paralegal will be offered £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
, dependent on experience.
Please apply today to be considered immediately for this exceptional Risk and Compliance Paralegal opportunity in London.
As part of EJ Legal's candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.