This position has been created to support the Finance Director in the day to day running of the finance function.
Main Duties & Accountabilities:
* Responsible for maintaining the purchase ledger including matching, coding and posting of all invoices including sub-contractors.
* Ownership of the end-to-end supplier process including liaising with buying department, site managers and workshop to ensure only valid invoices are processed in line with company processes.
* Responsible for raising customer invoices in accordance with the payment certs and ensure a timely collection of monies owed .
* Prepare aged debtor and creditor reports for review by the Finance Director.
* Reconcile the control accounts and prepare other ad-hoc reconciliations on a weekly/monthly basis for review by the Finance Director.
* Maintain the Petty Cash Floats of the business.
* Support the Finance Director with month and year-end processes, like accruals, prepayments, WIP.
* Provide team cover and other ad hoc duties as requested.
* Deliver a high level of customer service for both internal and external customers.
* Effective and regular monitoring of key issues, KPIs and financial analysing and reporting to the Finance Director to ensure the department is meeting set targets and objectives.
* Reconcile all bank accounts, petty cash and company credit cards.
* Reconcile all supplier and customer accounts.
* Preparing and submitting VAT returns, CIS returns and P32, and all associated processes relating to these functions.
Required skills, experience & knowledge
* Minimum Qualification - AAT L4
* Experience in a similar position within the Construction Industry desirable
* Experience in dealing with high volume purchase ledger transaction in various currencies
* Solid understanding of VAT, CIS and Double Entry
* Credit control experience
* Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
* Accruals, Prepayment, WIP, Fixed Assets and Balance Sheet reconciliations
* Experience of managing suppliers and customers expectations
* Ability to communicate at all levels within the business and external parties, in a concise and professional manner
* Ability to deliver to tight deadlines and being highly organised
* Advanced user of SAGE Line50
* Excellent attention to detail
* Experienced in problem solving and 'thinking on your feet'
Desirable skills, experience & knowledge
* Experience in Construction Industry
* Experience working with Sage 50, Sage Payroll plus Excel.
* Experience implementing new software
Apply now for an early interview and a consultant from Cameron James will be in touch asap