Job Title: Junior Project Manager / Junior Project AssistantLocation: Birmingham (Remote / Hybrid)Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 per annumPosition: Permanent, Full-Time
This Jewellery Quarter based business is a well-established app design and development agency specialising in Mobile Apps, Online Portals, and Software as a Service projects. You will support the project team with project management admin and coordination tasks for digital, web, and mobile app projects and clients of different sizes and across several sectors ranging, including innovative start-ups and established businesses.
The Company has a culture of learning, team support, and exploring new project management approaches and ways of working. They are actively seeking applications from candidates who enjoy working this way too.Job Role:
The company is looking for a Junior Project Manager / Junior Project Assistant to join its team. Based in Birmingham's up-and-coming Jewellery Quarter, the Company specialises in making apps for small and medium sized businesses.
This role is a great opportunity for you to get experience working in a tech business and gain exposure to many of the coordination tasks required to deliver successful projects on time and to budget. Giving you vital skills working in the tech sector that will likely stay with you throughout your career.
You will report into and support the Senior Project Manager, and with their support will help with administrative tasks associated with running projects, communicating with customers, and other general business activities.
The Company has a culture of learning and understands that you may not have worked within an app development company before and is therefore looking for evidence of transferrable skills that demonstrate you will work well with the team and be capable of carrying out your roles and responsibilities. For example, being well organised is an example of a strong transferrable skill.In this role you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating tasks and requests using our internal customer-support-ticket system (Jira / Jira Service Desk).
- Testing digital, web, and mobile app projects checking that the app meets the project requirements and quality standards.
- Speaking with customers over phone and email, including answering the telephone following our script.
- Attending meetings and taking notes, which may include planning meetings for new projects.
- Raising issues and requests in our project management software (Atlassian Jira).
- Writing down the instructions and guidance from our team into different document formats. Including describing wireframes and project requirements.
- Other administrative duties.
There will be lots of occasions where the work you perform will have subtle knock-on effects, such as what happens when you click a certain button, or what might a user think when they read a given paragraph of text. Therefore, you should be able to demonstrate that you have a strong attention to detail.
Most of the team currently work under a fully remote or hybrid working arrangement. Remote or hybrid working arrangements will be discussed with you in the interview process, and the company has an office in Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter.
To be considered, you will need:
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- To demonstrate you are a well organised person who can manage your time and priorities.
- To be capable of picking up new tasks and learning on the job with the resources provided and support from the team.
- To be comfortable answering the telephone in a professional manner.
- To be familiar with using word processing and spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The ability to write business emails and documents effectively.
- The ability to think analytically and solve problems.
So, if you are an organised person, and feel that with guidance can meet the requirements, then please apply using the "APPLY" button on this page.
Candidates with experience of the following may also be suitable to apply for this role; Project administrator, general admin assistant, junior project manager, junior project assistant, lead assistant, lead enquiries assistant, app project administrator, app project assistant, project manager, project management, web project administrator, web project assistant, account manager, digital account manager, project support analyst, assistant project manager, admin role, admin roles, tech admin, apps admin assistant.