New opportunity for a technically strong accountant to join one of the North West fastest growing and most prestigious businesses.
They are looking for an ambitious, self-starter to join their high performing team as a Financial Control Manager. Reporting to the Head of Financial Control, you will have an integral role in shaping the Group's processes, policies and reporting of controls as a growing and ambitious FTSE 250 business.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is driven, technically strong and embraces challenges looking for a fast-paced environment in which to enhance the Group's internal financial control framework.Key responsibilities:
- Assist the Head of Financial Control in the development and on-going monitoring of the Group's financial control framework.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of end-to-end processes, identifying key controls within each process.
- Design, document and implement internal controls.
- Design and perform testing to regularly monitor the design and operating effectiveness of internal financial controls.
- Evaluate any deficiencies reported in the design and operating effectiveness of financial controls and monitor remediation plans.
- Provide guidance and advice to control owners for remediation of internal financial controls where necessary.
- Assist in the research and implementation of new regulatory requirements e.g. a UK SOX-style controls environment.
- Provide support, advice and education to the business on the impact of new regulatory requirements.
- Assisting the Head of Financial Control in the preparation of control assessment findings and recommendations for Executive and Board Committees.
- Work closely with internal and external audit teams.
- Work with Finance and Operations teams to ensure any new acquisitions are embedded into the control framework.
This role would be ideal for someone that has been Practice trained with exposure to Auditing US Listed business that operate under SOX compliance. You will be Qualified ACCA/ACA ideally with exposure drafting policies and procedures. Experience of designing, implementing and/or testing financial controls or processes desirable.
The business offers a fantastic benefits package as your would expect for a FTSE organisation. One of their perks include an onsite GYM and fitness instructor. Should this role sound of interest then please contact Medlock Partners today.