: Senior Manager Pricing
Purpose of job
The Practice Economics Team is actively engaged in preparing pricing propositions for clients, and the consideration of alternate methods of delivering legal service in more profitable ways via the provision of finance decision support.
The Pricing manager will be actively engaged in preparing pricing propositions for clients, the consideration of alternate methods of delivering legal service in more profitable ways, providing finance decision support, and driving strategic projects business wide.What's in it for you?
The Pricing manager will be responsible for providing financial leadership, advice and support relating to pricing and commercial terms which are directly linked to the success of the business.
Taking a lead role in delivering the pricing strategy to improve our commercial position, profitability and deepen relationships with our clients. These will include some of the world's most exciting and innovative organisations.
Responsibilities extend beyond solely finance-led activities and where necessary the role participates in wider cross-functional projects running across the Firm where investments are being made or broader processes/procedures updated.Key Responsibilities
Providing guidance and challenge to the business in support of the assessment of pricing options for individual matters and clients. Work in collaboration with Partners, Firm leadership, Business Development, and finance to prepare client Requests for Proposals (RFPs) assisting and engaging in fee conversations and negotiations with key clients as required.
Delivering all necessary pricing information and advisory support needed in the course of optimising service delivery models used for more routine legal advisory work and how these could be resourced in a more efficient and profitable way.
On-going relationships with the Firms external clients, working with in-house counsel and procurement specialists to negotiate price, respond to relevant client queries and implement agreed terms into downstream processes.
ANALYSIS OF PROFITABILITY TRENDS
Overseeing the preparation of pricing analysis identifying trends, themes and issues in the profitability of client activities and the on-going development, use and interpretation of results from the profitability dashboard to protect and improve results achieved across the business.
The role will be responsible for assisting the development and delivery of financial training to other areas of the business (both in practice and other Business Service functions) to improve the understanding of the fundamentals of pricing and profitability across the business.
DEVELOPMENT OF THE FUNCTION
Assisting the Senior Manager Pricing, the role will be responsible for sharing pricing and commercial analysis tools, techniques and approaches with other members of the wider Finance and Accounting function to assist in their on-going technical and professional development. Key Relationships
Experience and knowledge
- Continued on-going direct contact with the Senior Manager Pricing through the completion of various analytical and planning projects.
- Regular contact with senior executive management (Department COOs, and the CFO) and the wider partnership through the provision of analytical and planning support in the course of routine and project specific work.
- Regular contact with local finance teams (most notably local finance managers/financial controllers) to provide support and guidance during analytical and planning projects focusing on international operations to ensure best practice is shared across the function and adopted in a consistent manner.
- Other contact as required with Partners or Directors/Senior Managers within other Business Service functions as required on specific departmental or cross-functional projects.
- The role is required to quickly develop and then maintain strong working relationships, gaining individual's confidence and trust vital in the course of providing ongoing commercial guidance, interpretation and direction.
Skills and competencies
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a similar role in an industry or professional services firm in positions of increasing responsibility
- Legal/professional services experience a plus
- Pricing and Commercial Analysis experience strongly desirable
- Experience working in cross functional teams such as IT, HR, BD and LPM
- Professional qualifications a plus (CIMA, MBA, etc.)
Diversity, inclusion and working differently
- Ability to utilise Excel and MI systems to an advanced level. In depth working knowledge of best practices to be followed when analysing high volumes of complex data, producing management information, pricing opportunities and conducting investment appraisal on strategic initiatives.
- Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to demands of specific projects. These may range from individually working unsupervised on specific technical issues to participating within larger multi-functional projects with numerous senior stakeholders and outputs.
- Intellectual credibility and confidence to communicate effectively with partners, fee earners and business services providing collaborative support and constructive challenge as appropriate.
- Have a strong awareness of the wider business world outside of just legal/professional services and be able to clearly demonstrate this knowledge when working with partners on projects.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and schedule project related tasks alongside routine daily activities.
- Must have good written, communication and presentational skills. Must be organised, thorough and accurate demonstrating a high degree of professionalism and accuracy in work at all times.
- Flexible and capable of working to tight deadlines where set. Occasional need to work outside of core working week hours linked to natural busy financial periods (such as financial close). Infrequent travel beyond the UK to address financial issues in other locations outside London may also be required
At Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we believe people perform at their best when they can truly be themselves at work. We aim to create an inclusive environment where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to be themselves. In order to provide the best possible service to our diverse client base, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, rewarding and developing our people with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, political belief, disability or any other protected characteristic.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is a Firm with an increasingly flexible workforce and is supportive of flexible working arrangements, tailored to the individual, wherever possible.
Please feel free to speak to the Recruitment Team about the flexibility we are offering for this role.Confidentiality
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner will ensure all hardcopy and electronic materials containing confidential information are securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.Agencies
Please note: we will not accept speculative CVs sent to hiring managers or partners via email. We can only accept CVs sent via the portal from agencies that have agreed terms of business with the Recruitment team. For further information, contact email@example.com.Disclosure
As a regulated Firm of solicitors, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is required to undertake appropriate vetting of staff. In addition to completion, by applicants who accept a job offer, of a regulatory questionnaire, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner uses a specialist provider to undertake professional verification and background checks (including through electronic data sources, and directly with employers and professional bodies/regulators) on our behalf. We will also undertake certain verifications ourselves.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner adopts a risk-based approach to its vetting procedures, which are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with IT, legal and regulatory obligations. For further details, please see our recruitment website www.bclplaw.com This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.