A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.OVERVIEW
Strong influencing skills are key, as the successful applicant will liaise with both technology, management and the investments business stakeholders. Incumbents help define business requirements, refine the product strategy, create the roadmap, create application and process specifications, manage dependencies, and ensure that work is prioritized by business value and in alignment with the overarching business and technical strategies.
- Responsible for the buildout of a cloud-hosted, internally built Portfolio Management Platform, and the consolidation of multiple legacy disparate capabilities in the Portfolio Management area.
ROLE SUMMARY AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regarded as the go to /Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Portfolio Management within the T. Rowe Price business unit
- Solves unique problems that have a broad impact on the business or organization function
- Contributes to the development of disciplinary strategy within their T. Rowe Price business unit; source of authoritative advice on best courses of action in area of expertise
- Own the entire product lifecycle - develop, communicate and execute the vision, strategy and product roadmap for the Portfolio Management Platforms
- Prioritize features and/or initiatives by aligning to business and technology strategy
- Understand Investment product strategy and ensure alignment across design, data and engineering
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to think boldly and creatively to create concrete product ideas and business cases for new capabilities
- Establish product KPI's to measure both the user experience and the development process
- Collaborate with strategic data providers to coordinate use of data within the scope of product
- Drive application development and implementation through using business and technical knowledge to resolve blockers, through championing innovative and practical solutions.
- Act as a Business Change /Transformation Lead for a lean-agile mind-set adoption and ensures organizational agility
- Work on the firm's most important or complex initiatives that typically have impact on large numbers of associates, business functions, or growth areas for the firm
- Identify non-obvious relationships and anomalies often overlooked by others at the business unit level
- Proactively identify, lead, and help to influence discussions with the business to help solve a business problem, including various trade-offs and recommended approach
- Able to produce results through individuals and teams where there is not a direct management oversight of resources
- Able to overcome differences of opinion and drive team alignment around a specific goal or solution
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of Portfolio Management within supported businesses
- Articulates broader business concerns and/or regulatory landscape, including key risks and controls
- Makes decisions that are cognizant of the firm's broader business strategy
- 10+ years' current experience working within Front Office for Tier -1 Asset/Investment Management Tier -1 firm/s, to include at least one successful build/implementation of a Portfolio or Order Management platform either in-house built or vendor (such as Aladdin, CRD, Simcorp or Bloomberg AIM)
- Champions best of breed technologies with the knowledge to advise the business
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies and knows when/how/if to apply them appropriately
- Converses in many technologies and learns new technologies quickly
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Communicates architectural vision across the portfolio to all stakeholders
- Identifies impacts across the entire portfolio and coordinates across senior levels to manage dependencies and potentially competing priorities
- Considers the operational aspects of a system, long-term supportability, maintenance, etc.
- Champions "blue sky" ideas, innovative solutions that may not be on the radar
- Tech 'savvy' with some cloud exposure (ideally AWS)
- Advocate of ATDD, TDD and test automation
- Whilst applications are welcomed from those working in a business change capacity, preference will be given to anyone who has experience of managing software engineering teams in their earlier career/s
- Product Management in Front Office
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.