About MUFG Investor Services
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG - one of the largest banks in the world with $2.8 trillion in assets - we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, trustee services and depository to securities lending and other banking services.
With a diverse and dynamic network of offices across the globe, MUFG Investor Services provides challenging and rewarding careers. We achieve this by offering continuous learning and development, collaborative team work environment, promotion of work-life integration, and exposure to a wide variety of work.
Imagine your future at MUFG Investor Services where you can grow professionally, in a diverse and inclusive workplace that rewards your contribution.
The purpose of the role is to provide support, portfolio office services and financial management of costs across Technology. It would suit someone from a Finance background that also wants to have a wider remit and get involved in the support of a wider organisation. It is expected that 50% of the role will provide cost and contract management, which will provide support for both the actuals and the planning cycles. You will also work with leadership team to provide regular cost reporting, contract reviews and planning and therefore you will need to have excellent stakeholder management skills to create a wide span of relationships within the business / Function.
Reporting to the Director of IT Portfolio Office You Will:
Cost review and analytics across Technology
* Produce regular project cost reporting and trends
* Support management in the production of cost reporting focusing on variances to actuals, forecast, and budget
* Working with the vendor management team to ensure review of technology contracts are carried out
Budget & Forecasting
* Help prepare a draft budget and forecast data covering both cost and headcount
* Support annual expense budgeting and management process
* Support the capitalization processes
* Support the BU cost allocation processes
* Maintain controls of external vendor onboarding and PO control process
* Maintain reporting cost structure within financial systems
* Actuals v Forecast reporting
* Support the governance and control model across technology
* Gather and prepare board level reports
* Data analysis including timesheet, costs
* Construction of business cases
* Co-ordination of departmental training, recruitment etc
* Project management activity of small initiatives
* Ideally part qualified accountant (CA, CPA, ACCA) with 2+ years' experience in accounting, a Finance department or in a PMO, preferably with experience in banking, a Shared Services environment or a multinational company
* Knowledge of financial industry cost drivers
* Experience in direct costs, indirect costs management and reporting
* Excellent user of Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) application
* A high level of understanding having the mindset to identify potential control breakdowns in process; and where relevant to propose/improve procedure manuals
* Passion to refine processes in an efficient manner within the team