A banking institution wish to recruit a fraud operations manager, the successful candidate will lead the specialist fraud team to ensure that the wider bank functions comply with the Bank's Fraud risk policies, controls and procedures.Overview
- Provide Fraud expertise and consultancy support in fraud including carrying analysis and investigations (independently or through technical/specialist leadership) of complex problems, issues and opportunities.
- Review, enhance and manage existing Fraud processes and procedures with the Bank wide control standards. Where gaps or deficiencies are identified, ensure that an appropriate remediation plan is in place and tracked through to a conclusion.
- Review, develop and analyse Fraud Risk MI in order to identify emerging Fraud themes, risks and issues or deficient controls.
- Provision of trusted, fit for purpose advice and support to business areas to ensure the customer receives fair outcomes and avoids Fraud-specific and/or PSR breaches.
- Develop Fraud training, awareness strategies and action plans where Fraud requirement gaps or capability issues are identified. Ensuring corrective actions are delivered on a timely basis and in line with regulations.
- Support the delivery of the Operational Resilience activity and the management of the business continuity plans.
- Support Control testing
- To pro-actively monitor and identify suspicious trends and patterns, suggesting preventative actions and improvements to current procedures, policies and systems.
- At least five years extensive experience in a Fraud risk role for retail consumer products.
- Previous experience in managing a high performing fraud team
- Strong industry knowledge with experience in dealing with the Contingent Reimbursement model and engagement with UK Finance a plus
- Ability to analyse information and apply logical thinking to identify the key issues and points.
- Practical experience of Fraud risks, risk management framework application, controls and issues within financial services.