Do you have a successful track record of leading and developing a finance team working at senior leadership level?
Do you have experience within fast paced, a multi-faceted business - perhaps within manufacturing, production, distribution or similar?
Do you have experience of undertaking Company Secretarial duties in a large private or small public company?
If the answer is yes, we have a brand-new Finance Director opportunity working for an established brand within the Southwest.
The base is Cornwall however we would consider applicants in Devon / SomersetYour role:
Playing a major strategic role in supporting the CFO in developing and implementing financial strategy. This is a clear path to succession to CFO. You will be leading, inspiring and developing the finance team and delivering first class support to the wider business.
We are looking for a senior leader who will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing the finance team
- Positioning the finance department as 'finance as a service' to the wider business
- Develop and implement the Finance strategy covering all elements of finance to support the business growth plans
- Implementation of new system, project management and improving systems
- Working closely with the operations, IT and HR teams
- Support the Financial Controllers to manage the overall budgeting process and timetable, review proposed budgets and challenge where necessary.
- Oversee all updated forecasts and financial planning
- Responsibility for monthly group reporting and statutory annual reporting, tax strategy and compliance.
- Provide a Company Secretarial service and support where required and directed by the CFO
- Oversee the annual audit process working with finance team and liaise with the external auditors where necessary
- Ensure that the Interim and Annual Report and Accounts are prepared to a high standard
- Ensure that the annual corporation tax computations legitimately minimise the company's tax liabilities but are fully compliant with all applicable rules and regulations
- Successful track record of leading and developing a finance team and finance business partnering
- Good strategic ability and delivering change
- Experience managing the implementation of new systems and efficiencies
- Significant experience working in a finance environment at senior leadership level
- Experience within fast paced, multi-faceted businesses
- Experience of undertaking Company Secretarial duties in a large private or small public company
· Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with post-qualification experience
· Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and other office tools
· Exceptional attention to detail, highly analytical and numerical
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A strong influencer with excellent and demonstrable IQ and EQ
· Organised and have the ability to multi-task, at pace
Offering a favourable salary, if you would like to join a well-respected business enjoying all the benefits that the Southwest can offer, click on the link to apply or to contact for more information.