Are you interested in joining a revolutionary, fast-paced, and innovative environment?About us
For decades, the clearing of financial transactions remained unchanged and unchallenged. We asked, 'What if there was a better way? What if we could make those transactions faster, safer, more reliable, and accessible to all?'
Our pioneering approach has opened the door to innovation, enabling our partners to thrive. We continue to ask, 'What if...?' every day, working with our partners to bring their powerful financial services to everyone from shopkeepers and savers to businesses and institutions.
It's the skill and enterprise of our own people that make this happen, and it's Clear.Bank's belief in fairness, autonomy and choice that means they have opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to our partners' success. For more about Clear.Bank, check out our website here.About the Opportunity
We are looking for a Financial Crime Transaction Monitoring (TM) Lead Analyst to act as a subject matter expert for transaction monitoring and financial crime analysis across our respondent FI and NBFI client base. Specific responsibilities include manual and automated analysis & escalation of TM alerts and acting as an SME and key referral point for team members.
As Lead analyst, you will have additional responsibilities including leading and performance managing a small team of analysts, work allocation / prioritisation, collation and interpretation of Management Information & to be the principal escalation point for the team.About You
Candidates should have proven experience in transaction monitoring across FI and NBFIs and you will have a strong understanding of monitoring detection methods. You must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable dealing with change and take pride in owning and mitigating financial crime risk for the business.
Successful candidates will be experienced in raising concerns and providing ideas, engaging with clients and making informed decisions. They should also have sound knowledge of correspondent banking services; strong technical and regulatory knowledge across financial crime and TM within the UK and EEA and a firm understanding of how to identify and mitigate risks within a business.
Team management experience is preferable and a passion to unlock peoples potential through training, coaching and support is essential.Core Skills and Experience:
- Experience in reviewing manual and automated transaction monitoring alerts, using client screening/payment filter software , making informed decisions regarding actions required to mitigate risk and appropriately concluding alerts in accordance with SLA's.
- Escalation point for complex TM alerts, documenting and concluding as appropriate.
- Subject matter expertise within TM and financial crime across FIs and NBFIs including strong knowledge of sectors such as money remittance, electronic money, APIs, Cryptocurrency firms, and merchant acquirers.
- Where appropriate, facilitating requests for information (RFIs) by liaising with clients and/or RMs.
- Raising and reviewing SARs
- People and operational management
- Collating and reviewing Management Information and providing recommendations on required actions to drive positive change.
- Managing alert allocation & prioritization for wider TM team.
- Strong technical and regulatory knowledge to identify potential control/risk issues.
- Reviewing, policies, procedures and processes related to TM alert monitoring in regard to regulatory requirements
- Supporting the development and implementation of new systems and controls
- Supporting the maintenance and development of TM guidelines.
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders across the business to meet role objectives and deliver key activities.
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed, and to prioritise tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and good judgement.
- Work to tight deadlines under pressure whilst maintaining high level of quality and competency.
- A recognised TM qualification is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for motivated team leaders who are delivery focused and can suggest solutions as to how things can be done better, as we're always looking to improve and do things differently. It is important that you have this mind-set too.