First Rate is the UK's largest supplier of foreign currency and a top 5 currency wholesaler globally. We are one of the foremost foreign exchange (FX) experts in the industry, with a multi-billion pound wholesale business and over 10 years' trusted experience providing tailor-made travel money solutions for companies in the finance, travel and retail sectors.
At First Rate, you'll be part of a major worldwide currency operation where billions of pounds change hands every year. Now is an exciting time to join us as we are looking to grow and expand our business, through new products, markets and partnerships.
Are you results-driven and detail-oriented team player with experience in a high volume transactional business? We have an exciting opportunity for a Settlements Officer to join our close-knit Transaction Services team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to gain valuable experience providing proactive and professional support within their allocated area, working with a dedicated and supportive team to complete day to day activities and ensure robustness of controls and allocated balance sheet accounts.The Role
Reporting to the Transaction Services Manager, the Settlement Officer will:
- Ensure settlements with operational clients are made within the contractual agreement timescales.
- Ensure queries are promptly investigated;
- Achieve timely completion of month-end reconciliations to the required standard and within the agreed SLA's, demonstrating proactive investigation and evidence of appropriate prioritisation and issue resolution;
- Ensure accounting journal entries for settlements are accurate and posted in a timely, controlled and well organised manner;
- Identify account discrepancies and work with the appropriate internal business areas and/or external business partners to resolve;
- Work with Finance Division colleagues on any outstanding exceptions or queries;
- Support with the delivery of new projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
Salary and Benefits
- Minimum of 1 years' experience within a high volume transactional business;
- The ability to meet strict deadlines and work as a team player in a high-pressure environment;
- A high level of proven numeracy and problem solving skills;
- Excellent double entry accounting skills;
- Excellent computer literacy including high level Excel skills;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Preferential rates on foreign currency
- Hybrid and remote working options
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Life assurance
We offer a successful, dynamic and supportive environment where people with talent and dedication can learn, grow and thrive at every level.
No agencies please.