Who we're looking for
A Solutions Manager based in London, who will represent the RMI franchise over the entire asset management lifecycle, from investment strategy design, portfolio implementation, ongoing client portfolio reviews to investment strategy evolution.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
Schroders Solutions is a £200 billion global capability with employees in the UK, US, Singapore and Germany. Our dedicated solutions experts provide investment and advisory services to public and corporate pension schemes, official institutions, insurance companies, individual investors, intermediaries and wealth providers worldwide.
The Risk Managed Investments team (RMI) sits within Schroders Solutions and manages the risk of over £30 billion exposures for clients globally through the implementation of systematic risk management overlays (typically using derivative instruments). The team is composed of the Team Head, 5 Portfolio Managers, 3 Structurers and 6 Solutions Managers.
What you'll do
• Work in collaboration with other Solution Managers, Distribution, Portfolio Managers and Structuring in the development of new products and bespoke solutions for both institutional and intermediated markets
• Respond to day-to-day client queries on existing mandates and produce high-quality periodic reports by synthesizing inputs from both desk-based tools, wider Schroders infrastructure and centrally produced client-specific information
• Maintain and produce marketing materials for internal and external clients (RFPs, pitchbooks, presentations, trainings) that is then used by Solution Managers and Distribution when marketing RMI capabilities
• Represent RMI in client engagements in periodic reviews, client strategy reviews, and client due diligence/research visits
• Assist in maintaining, developing and improving the existing infrastructure to enhance the control environment
• Together with Distribution and other Solution Managers, identify new business opportunities and then sell Schroders' capabilities to potential clients
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Bachelor degree or higher-level qualification
• Previous work experience in asset management or financial services, preferably across multiple asset classes and investment disciplines
• Track record of excellent interpersonal skills in writing and speech; capable of connecting with multiple audiences
• Effective problem-solving and analytical skills
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience across multiple asset classes and derivatives
• Experience with institutional clients and strategies
• Progress towards or achievement of CFA, CAIA and/or FRM or equivalent qualifications is encouraged but is not required
• Familiarity with VBA and other coding languages
• Familiarity with UCITS, Solvency II and MIFIC regulations
What you'll be like
• A critical thinker with excellent analytical skills
• Highly curious and self-motivated
• Team player with strong work ethic
• Comfortable expressing a point of view
• Leads by example with a continuous improvement mindset
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.