The group sits at the heart of the company's multi asset offering, delivering portfolio solutions to all of their institutional clients across various asset classes. This is a new business area for this client who are diversifying their offering and expanding their footprint in the UK
As such the invitation is there to make the role your own with clear room for growth. You will be supported to grow internally and they are keen to hire someone who can demonstrate a strong established quantitative skill set but with the desire to take on more responsibility and contribute to the function from the ground up.
Due to the nature of the clients this is an opportunity to work on complex portfolio solutions, and interesting investment offerings. Hands-on experience is the most important, however, the ability to communicate complicated technical solutions to clients (internally / externally ) would be seen as a great advantage.
This would be an excellent opporuntity for someone looking to transition from the sell-side to the buy-side
Role Description & Responsibilities
· Design portfolio solutions, leveraging the funds capabilities across asset classes/geographies/products for institutional clients to meet their needs
· Run backtests and portfolio simulations, to analyse the underlying exposures/risk factors of various internal or external funds
· Produce supporting material for prospective or existing institutional clients. Eg time series, portfolio breakdowns and analytics etc
· Develop portfolio diagnostics to help institutional prospects and clients better understand their current portfolio exposure and suggest solutions to help achieve their investment goals
· Prepare material for investment committees and portfolio reviews with institutional clients
· Keeping abreast of market developments to help suggest feasible portfolio solutions and
contribute to the investment debate.
Skills & Qualifications
· Degree in a relevant subject
· 3+ years' experience in similar roles in asset management, private banking, sales and trading, or investment banking
· Experience running backtests and portfolio analytics in a mainstream programming language (Python / R/ MATLAB etc ) or Bloomberg suite
· Excellent communication skills
**Currently the company follows a hybrid working pattern : you will be required in the office 2 days a week. This may change in the future - therefore please consider that office is based in Central London **
Unfortunately the company is unable to provide Visa sponsorship for this role