Company DescriptionAbout us
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Would you like to be part of an inspiring global team that leads the way in Agile consulting? At PA Consulting, we help the largest and most complex organisations on one end of the spectrum to start-ups wanting to scale at pace at the other. We are the leading consultancy and thought leaders in organisational agility with our clients spanning across the UK and internationally. As such, we have unrivalled experience, collateral and insight. We have accelerated drug development, helped transform the world to green energy, catapulted a fintech of 400 people into the S&P500 and reimagined visas and #x202F;We have taken business agility to shipping companies and improved manufacturing quality whilst reducing time to #x202F;That's just a few of over 200 incredibly inspiring assignments that we have delivered!We are now looking for exceptional Agile Transformation experts
, who have helped organisations systemically improve their ability to deliver change at the pace they need to ; Candidates should be experienced in operating model design, training and coaching teams to blend the right Agile, Lean, Design Thinking, DevOps and Kanban practices to address an organisations objectivesBy collaborating with your colleagues and providing leadership and coaching within Agile principles, you will manage some of our most exciting projects across our portfolio of FTSE100, Fortune 500 and government clients. It's your chance to be part of our vision; to build the best Agile consultancy in the world. You will have the opportunity to:
- Design best-in-class consultancy solutions that set us apart from our competition
- Take early opportunities during the sales lifecycle and perform a variety of roles across the whole change lifecycle
- Provide coaching and training services that will ensure we achieve our goals
- Combine your cross-functional skills in project and programme management to create scope for continuous improvement
- Be part of an exceptionally vibrant Agile community.
Our Agile capability will help you to drive your career forward, in all aspects of agility, as it applies to organisations large and small. With your flexibility and ability to travel to our major clients, we can help you grow alongside our diverse team of experts. It's your chance to be part of our vision; to build the best Agile consultancy in the world.
QualificationsYou must have:
You will have some, if not all, of the following:
- A minimum of 2 years' recent and relevant consulting experience ideally from a leading consultancy firm
- A minimum of 2 years' operational experience working within an Agile team delivering, full lifecycle, Agile Transformation programmes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with top-level stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally to our clients
- A desire to develop PA's internal Agile Capability as well as working with our clients.
You may also have:
- Experience leading multiple Agile teams ( using Scrum of Scrums, as an RTE or Kanban Lead)
- An understanding of scaling frameworks including SAFe, LeSS, Scrum@Scale and its application to programmes and portfolios
- Experience in coaching teams to adopt Agile ways of working
- Experience in Product Management, for example as Product Owner with accountabilities for managing a product end-to-end; developing value propositions through growth, maturity and decline
- Experience supporting an organisation move from Project to Product, developing and maturing a Product Management capability
- A thorough understanding of different delivery models from waterfall, to iterative, to continuous delivery within high profile engagements
- An ability to oversee transformation backlog creation, refinement and prioritisation with well-defined acceptance criteria
- Experience of facilitating team participation in collaborative planning activities (such as PI Planning)
- A robust understanding of Lean principles and their application to industry
- An understanding of Lean Portfolio Management
- Portfolio level ; A proven track record of delivering complex IT and technology projects using Agile methodologies
- Experience of deploying business change techniques resulting in sustainable changes to ;
- Experience supporting the introduction of Design Thinking practices into teams
- Experience in coaching leaders to adopt agile ways of working and a servant leadership mindset
- Experience of rescuing complex programmes, baselining and understanding key metrics and prioritising remediation plans
- Knowledge of Agile procurement practices and experience of managing the commercial side of project delivery
- Training qualifications in a scaling framework such as SAFe SPC or Certified Kanban Management Professional.
- Experience of running consulting assignment teams.
Inclusion & Diversity
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on