Concurrent Technologies designs a range of high-performance Intel® processor boards, switches, networking, storage and software products for use in embedded computing solutions. We manufacture our board products in our Colchester, UK based factory to meet the highest level of inspection standards for long life cycle, reliable operation.
Our products are used by many of the world's leading integrators within the Defence, Security, Aerospace, Telecommunications, Transportation, Medical and Industrial markets and are designed to be operated in a range of temperatures and environments from benign to extreme rugged.
The company operates facilities in Colchester and Theale in the United Kingdom and Woburn, MA in the United States. We are supported by a world-wide network of distributors and manufacturers' representatives to ensure that local support is always available to our customers.
Concurrent Technologies is a public company, quoted on AIM on the London Stock Exchange.The Role
Administer export control and legal compliance for a UK and US based business. Provide expertise, advise on Export Licensing, dealing with internal and external agencies to ensure company compliance to export regulations and customer/supplier contracts. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the right candidate should expect to progress to be an Export Controller within 18 months.What will I be delivering?
What's in it for me?
- To succeed in this role, you need to have strong communication and negotiation skills, with 1-3 years' experience in export control within the Defence sector
- Business oriented and capable to make decision
- Preferably ITAR experience,
- Understanding of how to apply for export grading of new products in the UK
What do I need to bring with me?Demonstrated knowledge and experience
- Opportunity to develop export expertise and to shape the export control function
- Multiple new products each year to clear for export
- Collaboration with UK Government and internal engineering teams
Technical skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of UK exporting regulations
- ITAR & EAR knowledge
- At least 1 years experience of export licensing in Defence
- Awareness and understanding of business contracts
- Experience of using SPIRE Export Licensing System
- Time Management
- Good at prioritising conflicting tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills and the ability to learn quickly, work independently with minimal supervision.
- Sound judgment and meticulous attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Competitive salary package
- Generous company pension scheme (5.5%-13.5% employer contribution)
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income protection
- 25 days holiday + Banks
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.