Salary: Circa £50,000 pa
Benefits: Company pension, 10% bonus
Hours: Mon - Fri, Full time days
Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Process Plant - Gases
A rare opportunity has become available for a Test Shop Manager to work for a world leader in the gases, engineering, and healthcare sector. Operating in more than 100 countries across the globe this company acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society, and the environment.
Based in Wolverhampton you will be working as part of a highly trained team responsible for inspection, cleaning, and processing of gas cylinders, where safety is paramount as you will be working with highly flammable materials on a day-to-day basis.
* To plan and manage the Wolverhampton cylinder-testing facility to optimum output levels within the national framework of cylinder requirements and within agreed financial measures
* Manage the Test Shop facility to ensure compliance to ISO 17020 standards and that UKAS accreditation is maintained
* Oversee the cylinder testing working plans and liaise with the National Test Shop Planner, to ensure maximum output
* Supervise, monitor, and control plant operations to meet quality and operational requirements in the most efficient manner.
* Direct line management of 4 shift managers and a store manager
* Budget responsibilities and cost management
* Supervise cylinder handling and testing activities to ensure targets are met
* Ensure compliance and alignment of both internal & regulatory standards, departmental objectives, personal targets and KPI's
* To continuously seek improvements in productivity, efficiency, and safety through the adoption of Best Practice and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
* To ensure the continuous development of employees through upskilling, training, and competency
* organise the cylinder testing work plans to ensure maximum output of correct product to the correct specification and standards
* Provide safe and fulfilling environments for all employees
* You will be a passionate manager with hands-on manufacturing experience, adept at managing change, engaging, and connecting with people in a unionised environment
* Able to demonstrate competent Influencing Skills, as well as people and Change Management skills and experience in a Trade Union environment
* Have a working knowledge of company standards, procedures and specifications in operations and SHEQ
* Have a proven track record in managing and motivating personnel to develop their skills and encourage their participation
* Ability to communicate at all levels to avoid potential IR problems in a climate of change
* Understand and react to the fluctuating demands of the business to maintain high efficiency and customer satisfaction
* Knowledge of disciplinary and dispute procedures, and National and local negotiated agreements is required
* Experience of cylinder testing operations a bonus
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a World leader in its field and will offer job security as well as further job opportunities for the right person. If you would like to be considered, please send your up-to-date CV to Totec today or give us a call to discuss any queries you may have.
All applicants must be eligible to live & work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility is required from candidates as part of the recruitment process (i.e. visa, residency permit, passport etc.)
All calls are handled with the strictest confidence