We are recruiting a Locum Educational Psychologist, to promote the achievement and well-being of children and young people by providing a service of consultation, assessment, advice, planning and development work to schools, early year's settings and to other professionals. To offer parents support and guidance in understanding and meeting the needs of their children so as to promote their achievement and wellbeing.
Design, develop, support therapeutic and behaviour management programmes; work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will collaborate closely with teachers, social workers and doctors.
Qualification - Essential
* GCSEs (A-C)or equivalent to include Maths and English
* Postgraduate - Educational Psychologist
* Advanced user -Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Social Media
* Evidence of continued professional development
Essential - Skills, Abilities & Experience
* Experience in working with children or young people, and conducting active research; assess children's learning and emotional needs
* Knowledge of the educational context and relevant legislation, including the SEN legislation and Code of Practice and the disability legislation.
* Understanding of the context and framework of working environments; consult with multi-agency teams to advise on the best approaches and provisions to support learning and development
* Knowledge of a wide range of relevant psychological theory and practice to promote the achievement and well-being of children and young people
* Experience in design, develop, support therapeutic and behaviour management programmes
* Experience in supporting parents, teachers and others involved with the education of children and young people
* Ability to design and develop projects involving children and young people
* Experience in written reports making recommendations on action to be taken; advise, persuade, support and negotiate with teachers, parents and other education professionals
* Experience in attending case conferences involving multidisciplinary teams on how best to meet the social, emotional, behavioural and learning needs of the children and young people in your care
* Ability to prioritise effectiveness - the context and environment that influence the child's development are seen as increasingly important
* Experience in formulating interventions that focus on applying knowledge, skills and expertise to support local and national initiatives
* Ability to develop and apply effective interventions to promote psychological wellbeing, social, emotional and behavioural development, and to raise educational standards.
Essential Compliance Requirements
* Five Years of Reference
* Enhanced DBS is essential
* A pre-engagement screening is mandatory for this role
Diamond Blaque is an equal opportunities employer
Diamond Blaque is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy