Our client a leader within their industry require a Programme manager who will manage a collection of new software product development projects. Proven success in managing software projects on this scale is essential. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years experience with the skills listed below. The role is hybrid working with 2 days a MONTH in the office then working remotely. This role is working outside IR35
KEY SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
The Programme Manager will manage a collection of new software product development projects. Proven success in managing software projects on this scale is essential. The successful candidate will:
* Be delivery-focused: driving multiple product and project teams, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance.
* Have strong leadership, diplomatic, influencing, and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organisations.
* Be decisive and data-driven: able to generate and track metrics for sprints, teams, releases, and projects to provide objective, dispassionate decision-making.
* Be adaptable: able to manage change and competing demands.
* Be creative and analytical: able to work individually and within teams to solve problems, innovate and drive excellence.
* Have excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall at medium scale.
* Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, build consensus and achieve objectives.
* Possess excellent communication (written, verbal and visual) and interpersonal skills.
* Be an optimizer: research best practices within and outside the organization; establish benchmark data and continuously improve processes and measure results.
* Be financially focussed: experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
* Be detail-oriented.
* Be an expert in the triple constraints model; stay on budget, finish on-time and stay in-scope
* Be technically competent with relevant software programs, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) and Azure DevOps.
* Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, external relationships, communications, resources, budget, milestones, and scope.
* Build, gain consensus on and track progress on all projects to an aggregated programme plan.
* Coordinate software product development teams to deliver technology solutions through effective application of the Lean/Agile principles including Scrum, Kanban, XP, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Delivery and DevOps. Facilitate the flow of feature requests from business requirements to working software in the hands of users.
* Work with product managers and owners to ensure scope is clearly defined, aligned to business value and prioritised accordingly. Ensure development teams schedule work in line with these priorities.
* Provide process leadership and coaching of teams through the project management team's facilitating lean agile process, including daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, demonstrations of working software, retrospective meetings, cross-functional collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, calculating velocity, and limiting work in progress