As Primary Outreach Tutor, you must be able to create, plan and deliver 1:1 tailored lesson to bridge gaps in pupil's education
and boost attainment levels. This opportunity is great for an experienced teacher who is looking to step away from the classroom to offer more personalised, enjoyable lessons.
Most of these pupils will have been out of education for some time, so the confidence levels may be very low. It is your responsibility to engage them back into learning
and offer structure back into their daily routine.
We work with you closely to monitor the progression with each pupil by asking you to submit weekly reports, focusing on the highs and lows of the week and what subject areas were focused on. We also ask you to highlight engagement levels to ensure that the sessions are being beneficial to the young person.Contract/Position Details:
Experience, Training and Qualifications of the 1:1 Primary Outreach Tutor:
- Location - Within the community or pupils' home in Ealing
- Position - 1:1 Primary Outreach Tutor
- Type of work - Contract
- Start date - ASAP
- Duration - Until the pupil can reintegrate into a new school placement
- End date (if applicable) - Ongoing
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full-time/part-time - Part time (15 hours per week, per student)
- Minimum rate of pay - £20+ per hour (negotiable)
- Hours - Working hours can differentiate, depending on the convenient timings of the family
To be eligible for this role, the potential 1:1 Primary Outreach Tutor must:
- QTS or equivalent
- Possess UK classroom teaching experience
- Be creative, patient and willing to think outside of the box
- Have experience working with SEND or disengaged pupils
- Hold the right to work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child-related references.
To find out more or apply for this 1:1 Primary Outreach Tutor position, please send your CV to @prosperoteaching.comProspero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.