Assistant Store Manager - Bury St Edmunds Store - Deputising for the store manager, running the shift in their absence, training colleagues and helping our customers choose the right products for a great night's sleep!About Bensons for Beds
We're Bensons for Beds! We put Sleep Wellness™ at the heart of everything we do. With 100 years of experience in sourcing the best quality beds, frames and mattresses, at Bensons we understand how to design the perfect, tailored sleep experience. We have 170+ locations and employ c 1800 colleagues. Under new ownership of Alteri Investors we have an ambitious 3 year plan to grow the business further and achieve our mission. The Role - Assistant Manager
We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager to join our team. You would play a significant role in helping us to achieve our vision, being a key player in moving our business forward, with your natural ability to set an example for the team to engage, inspire and offer advice to our customers to ensure they choose the bed that suits them best!
Your role as Assistant Manager will involve:
- Deputising for the Store Manager in their absence, ensuring operational and brand standards are upheld in store.
- Completing management tasks as required on shift, ensuring you have enough staff and resources as needed.
- Using our unique SleepPRO™ technology to ensure our customers choose the right mattress for them, giving them a perfect night's sleep every night, building rapport with them to advise on Sleep wellness™.
- Taking customers through the sales process and completing the required order paperwork and credit agreements (full training provided).
Working closely with your store colleagues to ensure we offer every customer an outstanding in-store experience, we will give you extensive product training, and ongoing coaching and support throughout your time with us, giving you every opportunity to succeed, progress and build your perfect career into Store Management and beyond!
We are a business with a flexible approach to working which means we can offer full time (40 hrs/wk), part time and flexi working with hours to suit most requirements, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Please feel free to discuss flexible options at your interview. Our busiest times tend to be when our customers can visit the store at evenings and weekends, so there would be an expectation to cover some of these key times as part of your working week.
It should be noted that due to the nature of our products, the role will involve you and your colleagues moving products around in-store and some cleaning tasks will be necessary to ensure the store and our products are in the best possible condition for our customers. Skills Needed
We are looking for a current Assistant Manager or a senior level Sales Consultant with some team leadership experience to help coach and motivate your team with pride, passion and a positive 'can do' attitude.
Someone who's devoted, driven and daring.
- Devoted to delivering impeccable customer service with professionalism, ensuring our customers have an outstanding store experience. You will enjoy engaging with customers and can adapt your approach as appropriate to build rapport and establish their needs.
- Driven to ensure you meet your own targets and your team meet theirs. Ideally you will have helped to coach and develop your team previously and have confident communication skills, being able to track targets, spot sales opportunities.
- Being resilient and resourceful when you need to be, daring to try new things to help your store succeed.
In return for your contribution to the store's performance, we offer a competitive base salary plus uncapped individual commission once your minimum sales target is achieved.On target earnings c£28,000 based on your sales target, but there is no upper limit to what you can earn beyond that!
In addition to that we offer you all these extra benefits:
- Monthly store bonus potential when your store achieves its target
- *Employee discount scheme for Bensons products
- *'Perks' discounts from numerous high street and online retailers and service providers to save you money on your everyday purchases and bigger expenses such as holidays and travel, electrical goods, motoring and leisure products etc.
- *Pension scheme - provided by Legal & General
- *Healthshield cashback options for Health and wellbeing services (dental, optical, virtual GP, other hospital services and more)
- Access to Retail Trust services (guidance and support on retail issues, mental health, wellbeing & financial topics)
- Learning and development programmes to gain new knowledge and skills
- Career progression - access to internal opportunities to build your career within Bensons for Beds
- *Long service awards and 'Love to Shop' voucher rewards to spend as you like
- 28 days holiday, rising to 31 after 2 years' service
If you love leading by example, engaging with a variety of customers, being part of a team, growing your skills and developing new ones then click now to apply to join us!
There is a brief online application process to complete, to tell us about yourself, answer some questions and confirm your eligibility. We'll reply to you asap!