Your new company
A large public sector organisation offers hybrid working c1 day a week in the office in this interim assignment Your new role
A 6 month interim assignment (likely to extend) for an experienced Risk Manager working on a hybrid basis with 1 day a week in Bristol. This role helps to ensure that risk management and operational governance policies, processes and systems are delivered and by delivering insight, raising awareness and coordinating risk management and operational governance reporting, this role contributes to the effective management and mitigation of organisational and financial risk
What you'll need to succeed
- Be the primary point of contact for all operational governance matters, providing expert advice on matters including risk, counter-fraud, assurance framework & business continuity.
- Maintain a robust framework of operational governance including organisational controls, ensuring that the organisation complies with relevant legal requirements and guidance
- Develop an Anti-Fraud Culture and ensure delivery and compliance of the Counter Fraud Functional standards
- Monitor compliance with statutory laws and regulations
- Conduct fraud risks assessments within the organisation
- Develop, communicate, monitor and maintain relevant and proportionate risk and issue management and assurance frameworks and ensure that the identification of assurance sources and management of risk and issues at all levels is embedded into 'business as usual' across the organisation.
What you'll get in return
- Professional qualification/ part qualification in Risk discipline (eg IRM) or associated professional body membership.
- Experience of risk management and counter fraud (including training/ workshops) within public sector
- Strong track record in identifying, managing and tracking risks and successfully challenging/influencing key stakeholders within the organisation to develop appropriate mitigations and action.
What you need to do now
- Interim Assignment for 6 months
- Pay rate according to experience £300-420 per day (via umbrella company in scope of IR35)
- Hybrid working 1 day a week in Bristol (or similar arrangement)
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.