My client is looking for a Controller to support the existing finance team in implementing SOX compliant processes
across all end to end processes. This role will require the successful candidate to design and implement short term fixes to ensure an acceptable level of compliance while working on longer term standardisation with global company processes.
This role will suit an experienced finance professional looking to challenge themselves in a high growth environment.Fluent German language
and familiarity with HGB accounting requirements in Germany
is essential for this role Additionally, familiarity with accounting requirements in Italy would be a distinct advantage.
Initially this will be a very hands-on role and will need to focus on building standard models and procedures which can subsequently be delegated to more junior team members.Job Duties
- Implement timely preparation and review of all balance sheet account reconciliations. Analyses changes in balance sheet and income statement accounts and prepare a report explaining significant variances every month. Own local statutory compliance for the group of companies
- Work with the Chief Accounting Officer, internal tax team and external experts on income tax filings, transfer pricing, and other tax matters
- Support in defining and executing a road map to improve the control environment
- Work with finance to adopt consistent accounting policies (e.g. capitalisation of engineering costs/commissions etc)
- Work with Internal Audit to identify and implement SOX controls.
- Recognised accounting qualification with 10 years + experience.
- Fluent in German language.
- Previous exposure to US GAAP/ the accounting requirements of a US listed company would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels, and across organisations and geographies
- Track record of embracing change and dealing with ambiguity
- Able to delegate effectively and mentor more junior team members
- Big 4 audit experience would be an advantage
- Other European Languages would be an advantage