The position for a Nursery Practitioner Level 3 has become available for the right candidate to start immediately at our setting Happy Valley Pre-School, West Bromwich, B71 1QS
Your key focus will be to ensure our children learn and develop in line with the EYFS guidance. You will need to have the highest standards of care and nursery education.
Our aim is to recruit and retain the best people and to provide the training and support that enables each member of our team to perform to their full potential. Your development is very important to us and you will receive a wealth of learning and development throughout your career as well as the opportunity to progress.
The right candidate will ideally have a minimum of 2 years of working directly within early years.
Reports to: Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager
Nursery Practitioner Key tasks
Childcare and Education
* Operate a program of activities suitable to the age range of children in your care inconjunction with other staff; To keep a record of achievement file on your key children, for parents/carers;
Health and Safety
* Support the Management team in the day-to-day operation in order to ensure the health and safety of the children, their parents, carers, the team and any visitors to the nursery.
Skills, Aptitude, Knowledge and Experience
* Previous experience of working with children aged 0-5 in a paid capacity
* Good organisational, record keeping, and planning skills
* Excellent communication skills, with children, colleagues, advisors and parents/carers
* Empathy with children, colleagues and parents/carers
* Enthusiasm for working with young children
* Able to work in small teams
* Completion of a recognised Level 3 Childcare qualification, e.g. Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People's Workforce, NVQ Level 3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development - or be working towards completion
* Completion of Safeguarding Awareness course (Group 2)
* Health & Safety certificate
* First Aid certificate
We offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
· A generous signing up bonus upon completion of a successful probationary period
· Competitive salary
· Excellent career opportunities
· Continuous training and development
· Free DBS and Uniform
· Free First Aid Training offered.
· Childcare discount
· Pension provision
* Free Staff Meals
* Over Time
One day work trial will be required
Other Management roles available. Manager, Deputy Manager and Senior postions. Please enquire with your CV.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and you will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and provide 2 valid and up to date references.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £6.83-£9.50 per hour