Teaching Personnel are currently looking to recruit a passionate, dedicated Learning Support Assistant in the Spennymoor area (DL16) to work with children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) on a full time basis, to commence ASAP. The individual must have experience working with people with SEND and want to fully commit to this role.
Teaching Personnel can offer the successful candidate:
- Competitive pay rates of £331.50-£375, however long term rates can be negotiated on your behalf
- Access to unique CPD opportunities to increase your qualifications and knowledge of the education sector and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- An experienced Consultant along with our dedicated on call service
The successful candidate must have experience in some of the following areas:
- Support / Care Work
- Working with Autism or through personal reasons
- Worked with SEN provisions / schools
- Youth Work backgrounds
Working as a Classroom Support Assistant, you will be supporting children accompanied by a Teacher and another Teaching Assistant. You will be working with children and young people with varying levels of Autism meaning they often display challenging behaviours such as:
- Speech Language Communication Needs
- Lack of concentration / interest in education
- Aggressive outbursts
- Hyper-reactive to sensory input
To be accepted for this role, you must have a Child Workforce Only DBS that is registered on the Update Service, or be happy to apply for one through ourselves.