DO YOU HAVE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE WITH KNOWLEDGE OF ELECTRICAL PRACTICES?
Ellis Mason have the pleasure of recruiting a for an R&D ENGINEERING ASSISTANT
to work for a highly regarded business based in Bedfordshire.
The role would suit someone who either has a mechanical engineering degree or practical experience in this area. The company will also consider candidates who have perhaps completed an apprenticeship within this field too or a mechanical engineering course. To be considered for the R&D ENGINEERING ASSISTANT
you will need to be happy working in both warehouse and office fields. One day you may be building a proto-type using cast iron and a grinder, another you could be soldering LED's onto PCB's and the next you may be in the office working on spreadsheets and building instruction manuals.
Experience in using 3D CAD is ideal.
THE SALARY & BENEFITS
- Permanent, full time basis.
- Salary is circa £30,000 but contact if above this and very relevant experience
- On-site parking
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (keep some back for xmas shut down).
- Pension - 5% company, 3% individual contribution
- Death in service package
- Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours 8.30am to 5pm with 1 hour lunch
The main duties included within the role of the R&D ENGINEERING ASSISTANT
- Building mock ups and developing prototypes
- Setting up and breaking down sample products
- Carrying out new product testing and evaluation
- Involvement in the technical design of new products
- Working with external partners to ensure products meet industry standard regulations
- Writing instruction manuals
- Continuously updating manuals and documentation
- Carrying out research on components and products
- Further research on technologies and processes, always on the look for new developments and innovation
- Assisting in the design and development of electrical and electronic elements