*********** Environment Manager/Release Management required *************Location: Hybrid one day a week in the office (London canary wharf)Duration: 7 months Rate: Competitive inside ir35 Title Environment Manager Our client
prides itself of providing innovative Investment Management serving the world's most sophisticated clients, from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most successful hedge funds and corporate brands.Summary
Provide environment and release management services across Transfer Agency business. This will include coordination of all aspects of the application lifecycle through to release and to coordinate database and environment refreshes for testing and operational use. A key part of the role will be to work with business stakeholders to plan when environments will be utilised to support releases, tracking environment consistency across all environments, manage /escalate any conflicts whilst also ensuring release schedules are adhered to.
You will also be required to develop and track a detailed environment plan across multiple application platforms to ensure consistency around the environments. You will also be responsible for highlighting environment usage and managing conflicts where necessary.Major Duties
- Daily tracking of environment consistency to ensure alignment across all environments
- Maintaining of the environment calendar, focus on scheduling accuracy with the ability to keep a constantly shifting environment calendar up to date and updating stakeholder
- Facilitate the resolution of any conflict in terms of environment usage.
- Liaise with the business and update on any issues, requests and conflicts.
- Developing and tracking a detailed environment plan across multiple platforms.
- Manage requests and updates from the infrastructure teams and report these to the program stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with Test Managers, and other stakeholders to ensure efficient use of environments to help the programme achieve its objectives.
- Manage set of end-to-end Test environments and address any conflicts that may arise
- Communicate Test Environment availability to project management and Test Lead across the Transformation Roadmap and BAU
- Manage twice weekly environment stake holder meetings
- Maintaining system documentation and supporting releases with the required project requirements
- Supporting the Release Management process
- Provide ongoing support for all Environments
- Producing management information, including KPIs, dashboards to key stakeholders and management.
- Maintaining and updating the User guide and associated artefacts.
- Proven experience of working with technical and non-technical stakeholders. Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban and DevOps software development methodologies.
- Good strategic outlook, change analysis & delivery skills e.g., root cause analysis, prioritisation, planning/scheduling, facilitation, implementation, and continuous improvement skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, coordination and negotiating skills
- Managing and provisioning of environments.
- Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy, while still working as part of a team
- Experience of the full software delivery lifecycle and systems environments.
- Pro-active, independent and ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to influence best practices and governance for Test Environments and Release / Deployment
- An understanding of Financial Services industry sectors, specifically Wealth, Private Banking & Commercial Banking
- Strong IT skills / understanding, including experiencing working with Information Security, integrated platforms and Infrastructure
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience interacting at with technology and business in influencing management on a day-to-day basis
- Experience in scripting and comfortable accessing environment related tools to obtain and report from data extracted.
- Experience in using JIRA
- Awareness of ServiceNow tool and CMDB software.
- Strong prior experience working in Release, Deployment and Environment areas
- Good understanding of ITIL framework and Project Management methodologies
- Good understanding of change methodologies and frameworks (Waterfall, Agile, DevOps)
- Excellent inter-personal & influencing skills
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders: Project Management, Testers, Application Support, Development, Infrastructure teams
- Good awareness of regulatory, governance deployments.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, good experience of ITIL or a related discipline and at least six, typically eight or more years related experience as a project team member or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in Release Management, Environment Management, Configuration Management and Change Management.Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunity's employer.
Please email me